Avid reader put to the test..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avid reader put to the test..

I've been taking notes from these forums for quite a while and I'm a little curious to see how I measure up. I feel like this is one of my better retouches but I'd love to see what people think, and what anyone else can do with it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2257/...f3ee83f217.jpg

Re: Avid reader put to the test..

Would it be possible to post a before image so we can see what you started with? That will help us give more insightful responses.

Comment

oh, again that sort of slight "metallic/glittering" look I love! I've been told is done with dudge&burn tools but I cannot get it

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I like it too! But could you make her nose a little smaller? It's just a bit ... bulbous ... perhaps because of the lens length?

Comment

I really like it, post that original, because (I used to do this alot too) I dont know if you were dodging and burning, whichever technique you use, but the shadows just left and right of it seem tooooo abrupt. Its a mistake I used to make and a lot of people, where they dodge the sides of the nose because they think there should be a shadow there, but rarely does a picture have such an abrupt shadow by the noses near the bridge. compare it to the original, otherwise, maybe it is just a bigger nose.

Comment

Working...
            X