• Ed_L
    Smile
    Ed_L
    http://www.qnet.com/~pontius/smile/smilelmp_1[1].htm
    02-20-2003, 09:35 AM
  • DJ Dubovsky
    New Years Resolutions anyone?
    DJ Dubovsky
    So how's the new years resolutions going? I decided to make the only resolution I figured I could stick to and that was none. That way I won't feel so bad when they fail. So what's your resolutions and how are you doing so far? Hopefully great because it's only been 3 days.
    DJ
    01-03-2002, 07:20 PM
  • Ed_L
    Steam-powered commercial sawmill
    Ed_L
    Here's a site some of you might find interesting. Give it time to load. It's worth the wait.

Ed
    01-29-2004, 07:59 PM
  • Ed_L
    Do you remember this thread?
    Ed_L
    Do you remember this picture? Someone started a thread, some time ago, about this girl (now a woman), and there was a link to an updated picture of her. Does anyone know where the updated pic is?

Ed
    01-30-2004, 03:11 PM
  • Ed_L
    Bed Making 101
    Ed_L
    My wife needed to leave for a while early this morning. I told her to go, and I would make the bed. She left, and while I was pulling a fitted sheet over the corner of the mattress, I heard sort of a snapping noise. When I looked down here's what I saw:

Ed...
    05-16-2002, 11:18 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorization

Hi folks
    I haven't seen anything new on colorization for a while, so I thought I'd post an example of my own and see if anyone would like to comment on it.
    Ed
    Attached Files

Re: Colorization

Hi, Ed. Welcome to Retouch Pro. Well from your photo, it's hard to tell just what you colorized without seeing the "before" version.

Comment

Hi Swampy
      Thanks for that. If it's hard to tell which bits, I guess that's a good sign! Especially as I colorized all of it. From greyscale. I'd put the 'before' on, but it looks pretty much like the 'after' desaturated so it wouldn't be much help.
      Ed

Comment

Well, in that case, Ed, that is a wonderful job. Colors are very crisp and clean. Excellent job.

Comment

I agree with Swamp...it would be nice to see what you had in the first place to see the difference. I've seen some photographers to get such color with just camera and light. I assume from your note that you retouched this photo..if so, what exactly did you do. Posting is nice, but the majority on this site would also like to know how you got there..thanks

Comment

Hi skydog
            Thanks for your interest. Here's another colorization, and I'll post the 'before' in a minute.
            I did this in twenty minutes, with the monitor set to monochrome for the first fifteen.
            I use a new technique, of my own invention, and I will be more than happy to share it, but I'd like to get a bit of feedback on some examples first so that I get it as good as possible before I burden Photoshoppers with yet another weird colorization method!
            Ed
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ed Fisher; 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Here's the original.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ed, That is just wonderful! I would be interested in a tutorial! :-)

BTW, You can post up to 5 attachments per message... After uploading the first image, go back to the upload dialog and upload another image.

Comment

impressive!

Comment

Now I understand...originally I thought you had color and just made the color better...I'd also like to know how you did this...

Comment

Here is my version, I tried to duplicate what you did and I think I got pretty close. All except where the hairline and the face meet, as you can see.

I could have spent more time at it, but I thought perhaps you have a special method for that part? I'd be curious to know, and appreciate your sharing it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I want 2 know 2 !
                        ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

This is my try.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ed...you were going to show us what you do...

Comment

tried to match your image.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X