Help removing shadows

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• thegeeze
    removing heavy shadows
    by thegeeze
    Hi Folks,
    My Bunny and I have returned to get your opinions on removing shadows.
    It's the dark shadowing around the arms and shoulder that I'm concerned with. I'll probably clone the shadow around the ears.

my bunny
    What method/methods work best for you?
    06-10-2003, 04:45 PM
  • synchronicity
    removing shadows
    by synchronicity
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I remove the shadows from this image?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/3...0b9eb8e8_b.jpg

I have Photoshop CS2

Thanks
    01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
  • G&G Photo
    Removing Shadows from the Attached Pic
    by G&G Photo
    I just recently took the attached photo. It contains several shadows that I want to remove with Photoshop however I am not very familiar with the application. Can anyone please tell me the steps involved in an easy-to-understand manner? Every time I try using Photoshop, I get so confused so I really...
    11-17-2008, 01:25 PM
  • AnorexiaGore
    Help with removing shadows.
    by AnorexiaGore
    I'm so frustrated. I've been trying to remove shadows from these pictures for days and I just cannot get it. Can anyone help? This is just one of many that have shadows across her face.

I'm using Photoshop CS5.

12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
  • vsweetser
    Need help removing shadows
    by vsweetser
    I need help removing the shadow around the left jaw line and the out of place hair. Thank you!! I have photoshop....
    01-16-2009, 01:19 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing shadows

I'm trying to finish up an invite I'm making in CS3. I've got a pic that I want to use but the shadows by the ears are bugging me to pieces! I have been trying to work on them with no luck! Can someone please help me with this?
    Thanks in advance!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...pyofMenza3.jpg

Re: Help removing shadows

You should be able to mask the shadows out using a matching solid blue layer below the masked layer. A little dodge and burn and smudging on the blue to blend your blue with the original. Perhaps add a touch of film grain to your blow layer too.

Comment

I feel like zooming in and working your way with stamp tool on a new layer, should work for this image. If after cloning there will be a visible diference or a line betwen the original blue and a cloned area (it might happen) just use the healing brush on that line to soften it up.

Comment

zoom in on a duplicate layer or "new" layer

Comment

Just a quick and dirty job.

Duplicated to new layer.
          Added new layer between the two copies and did a blue gradient on this layer, foreground and background colours taken from original.
          Extracted boy from top copy.
          Selected shadow area below chin and lightened it with levels.
          Little bit of cloning to hide joins

Bit rough, but it's just to illustrate method. With a little more time and care you should be able to do a better job.
          Attached Files

Comment

diverswife - By zooming in i meant to work with image enlarged/zoomed to a degree that you can clearly see what you're doing while cloning, that the line between ear and background is nicely defined and looking convincing.

Comment

great! Thank you so much - I believe I got it!

Comment

Working...
              X