Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My engagement photo

Hi

I have done some post production to my engagement photo, attached. How is it? Can it be improved to look nicer?

Link to a higher resolution version: http://pics.seeingwithc.org/DSC_0289.JPG

Regards
    Hardeep
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hardeep; 06-18-2008, 01:22 AM. Reason: Bigger photo

Re: My engagement photo

Not exactly sure what was to be done or not done. I only made an attempt to try to even out some of the color. If you have the original, unretouched photo, it would be helpful if you would post it. Also, a larger picture would be helpful.

dc
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a smaller sized original that I have at this time - I will be posting a larger original later.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hardeep,

There are lot of stuff can be done with your photo. It is good if you post some larger version of the file. So we can work and show you some samples.

In the retouchpro you will find many more persons to help you for your requirement.

Ash

Comment

Hardeep,
          Your second post of the smaller original shows that there is some hope, as this photo has better detail and contrast. The first post is loosing much of the original color/tonality. So, please post the larger image when you can.

Also, in your post production photo you should try to:
          - reduce the shadows behind each of your heads;
          - improve the subtle contrast between your hair and the shadows;
          - reduce the oversaturated whites in his jacket;
          - bring back original skin tones as much as possible.

Looking forward to your additional posts !

Comment

I have attached a larger original now, the one I started off with. TommyO, you have reiterated my wishlist, but these are things that I could not do without damaging the photo.
            Attached Files

Comment

This was as far as I could take your image. I tried to address some of the specifics in Tommy O's post.

-Blown out areas on the jacket
              -Smooth skin
              -Shadows

It is very difficult to work on such a small picture. All retouching begins with the scan or original digital image. A large, hi res image is much easier to work on. I will also add that I am not a professional retoucher. Perhaps others will offer a more complete retouch. If you are going to do the retouch and want any info on what I did, I am happy to share. My best wishes to the both of you.

dc
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DCobb; 06-03-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hardeep,
                The image you posted last is still quite small. But, I will give it a try later tonight. If you get a chance, examine what the original file size is versus what you uploaded. I'm sure the camera's image is quite large, yet we have an upload limit of 100K on this forum. You could simply post the original camera .jpg to an external site (free) for us to download and use in editing. This will result in a much better final image.... one that you can enlarge if you wish. The file currently posted will not enlarge very well.

Several popular external posting sites are:
                Shutterfly http://www.shutterfly.com/
                PhotoBucket http://photobucket.com/
                Backup Photo http://backupphoto.com/
                All are free for small amounts of space. But, you do have to register. That's all.

Comment

I am aware of the options for uploading. This photo has been emailed to me by the photographer - I will be getting the CD with high resolution photos later (through normal post). This is the max size I have at this time and it may take around 7 days to get the CD. I didnt want to wait till then.

Comment

Hi TommyO, you were going to give it a shot. I am waiting!

Comment

Hi Everyone, I have linked a higher resolution photo: http://pics.seeingwithc.org/DSC_0289.JPG

Please help now.

Comment

Hi Hardeep,

Posted below is a copy of your latest picture posting and my retouch. If you like what you see, I can send you a full size picture, but I will need your email address. I am not a professional retoucher, so judge my retouch in that light. Remember, the purpose of RetouchPRO is to provide help to others that have a question on an image. Do your best and post your results, and I am sure others will be happy to give suggestions.

dc
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by DCobb; 06-20-2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I thought I would give this a try because all those angles were driving me crazy..

Then there was the problem of finding a balance between straightening the couple and the background (trickier than I foresaw and still not right!)
                          Attached Files

Comment