X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetamine
    replied
    Re: Considering software

yeah, ever since CS* started, photoshop has just been adding immature additions that other programs do alot better. I hear something about CS3 and 3D ? uh, get a real 3D program am i right

but I just got CS3 Master Collection, my e-penis is much larger now.

Leave a comment:

• DJSoulglo
    replied

Also, you can get a copy of CS2 off eBay or something like that, for really really cheap. So you wont have the absolute latest version of Photoshop, but really it works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• synthetamine
    replied

The Gimp, get it.

Originally posted by jmn View Post
    With adobe you need plugins...like neat image or noise ninja...
    you're a noob.

Originally posted by rokcetscientist
    Or you can even edit your pictures online via Photoshop Online (also FREE).
    Photoshop Express sucks monkey balls.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Payne
    replied

Originally posted by jmn View Post
    You don't need plugins.

Leave a comment:

• jmn
    replied

If you want to start.....the gimp with the photoshop plug-in (make it work and look like photoshop) would be a good starter....but not an exact replacement for the adobe.

Leave a comment:

• RokcetScientist
    replied

Originally posted by memphishooter View Post
    I am wondering what is the best software I can get and get into to work on my pictures after the fact? I end up shooting skin colors that are a challenge to make look good, and there are other issues to deal with. Is Photoshop CS3 my only good option here, is there less expensive, equally useful software for this? Ideas?
    There are tons of photo editing apps, memphis. They vary in price, feature set, and user friendliness. Photoshop ("CS3") is top-of-the-line, but very expensive, and with a very steep learning curve. Photoshop is really for professionals and for very advanced amateurs.
    But there are also a lot cheaper and simpler apps. Have a look at this fairly comprehensive listing.

I would suggest you start with 'freeware' apps, which are, of course, FREE.
    Assuming you run Windows you may want to download and try Google's Picasa. Or you can even edit your pictures online via Photoshop Online (also FREE).

Leave a comment:

• zganie
    replied

If your serious and want to get into it proffesionally In my opinion it is the only way to go
    I agree with Kraellin, the dowside is its expensive.But! The upside is loads of support,loads of tutorials and books and plugins.Also most widely used

Leave a comment:

• Craig Walters
    replied

photoshop is definitely the cadillac of graphic editors, but at $600 + retail i wouldnt call it an entry level program. but no, photoshop isnt your only option. paint shop pro, the gimp, photo impact and i dont know how many others can do quite competent work at a far easier price and an easier learning curve. you might take a look at the software forum for threads discussing these programs and in some instances comparing them to each other.

Leave a comment:

• memphishooter
    started a topic Considering software

Considering software

I am wondering what is the best software I can get and get into to work on my pictures after the fact? I end up shooting skin colors that are a challenge to make look good, and there are other issues to deal with. Is Photoshop CS3 my only good option here, is there less expensive, equally useful software for this? Ideas?