Hi-res photo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-res photo help

Hey everyone! Im having some issues doing this photo. Its pretty simple, but i really dont know how to make it pop and look more editorial/fashion-ish.

http://i34.tinypic.com/984yvn.jpg

Any help? Take a try at it.

Re: Hi-res photo help

umph, I really don't like the pose much, but hey, some of the cracks will sure have suggestions...

Comment

Thought I would have fun with your picture because I couldn't make it POP on its own merit either..
      If my effort upsets you because you are not Insensitive.. Pm me and I will delete it
      Attached Files

Comment

Lmao baldy its fine.

Comment

One thing I see a lot of in editorial style fashion is the use of a single soft light source, especially with a grey background, so trying to replicate that look was a starting point for me. I usually have a pretty fluid workflow, tweaking as I go towards the image in my head, so there's not really a defined step-by-step process, but I'll try to explain what I did:

-New layer, softlight mode, radial white-black gradient a couple times until I got the size and placement I wanted to simulate the falloff from the imaginary softbox

-Warp new layer until shadow/highlight areas were believable, reduce opacity

-Create layer mask for softlight layer using the blue channel, mask out model

-Use same mask on new softlight layer, further darken shadows, de-emphasize model's shadow on background

-Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, -100 saturation, 37% opacity

-Darken with levels, use layer mask from before to mask out model, use black output slider in levels on the layer mask to bring back the model a bit

-Slight "S" curve for contrast

-D&B legs for more dynamic lighting

- Red, Green, and Blue Channel Mixers set to monochrome, 100%, in multiply, screen, and luminosity blending modes respectively, at 30% opacity for skin tone.

This was the image I had in my head- hope it has the "pop" you're looking for.
          Attached Files

Comment

My Take on your image.
            Attached Files

Comment

my try, just a quick effort
              Attached Files

Comment

Fast try, hopes it will help you

some D&B on legs, allot of B&W adjustment layers, channel mixer adjustments.. photofilter adjustment layer sepia. Some liquify on face and cap. And some High pass filters..
                Attached Files

Comment

A more classical look. No real workflow aside from some standard clean up of clothes, hair, face and skin. The rest was more painting with light and various filters applied selectively until I got the feel that I wanted. Sort of large downward diagonal softbox for fill and a smaller beauty light around the face and upper torso.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If possible, I'd start off with a crop... Shoes are nice, but the position and the hat are distracting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BagLady View Post
                      If possible, I'd start off with a crop... Shoes are nice, but the position and the hat are distracting.
                      NICE crop!

Comment

Thanks Michael... I like your interpretation and definitely see things as you do!

Comment

First get yourself a high end model(is that Cher?). Then get your hands on some high end clothing (from this decade). Then pose her (she looks like she is about to squat and take a dump). Try a background other then a white seamless (or any seamless). Maybe the lighting should be a bit more dramatic (not so flat). And finish with some quality post work and you are there. Good Luck!

Comment

Here it goes for mine. Levels and masking plus desaturation mostly.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A quick few layers in CS3...

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7...deleditav8.jpg

Comment