Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-Cleaning up a White studio Background

Hi

i would like some advise on how to clean up this studio shot taken on a white background

its cropped to show where the white falls into light grey -

i am looking for a quick easy way to fix this -

in the past i recall using the channels with a blue copy - levels to make the whites whiter and blacks darker

then some sort of selection then bring it into the layers palatte -

but i cant recall how or if i did it that way

PLEASE help with your advise on how to make a nice clean white background with keeping a little bit of shadows from their feet..

many thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Help-Cleaning up a White studio Background

it looks the back was too over exposed at time of shoot!

maybe you could mask the floor and bring the exposure up? using curves or levels...
    you have enough contrast in that to make a mask using channels!.

Comment

Since the background is plain white, just use "replace colour", sample the grey floor (not the shadows) and then shift the saturation and lightness sliders until you get white, and the fuzziness to determine how much shadow you want to retain. So long as you do it on a duplicate layer, you can easily mask out any unwanted effects on the subjects.

Comment

fuzz - the background is not over - it should be clean white as the octa was very high up it made the white paper on the floor light grey

MANY thanks Very Wierd - thats the business !! replace colour worked a treat !!

cheers - learning something new every day :-)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ilegales
          Cleaning up white background- keep shadows
          by ilegales
          i had a question which i hoped that someone was able to advise with

a photo i have of a small group of kids taken on a white background
          i would like to make the background white but ALSO to keep the shadows underneath the kids
          making it more realistic but getting rid of...
          07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
        • ilegales
          Quicker way to seperate White shirts on white bkg
          by ilegales
          i am retouching some kids who are wearing white shirts and shot on a white background

i want to make the whole background pure white 255.255.255 but still to keep the small shadows from their bodies /chairs

i am currently using the replace colour but wanted to know if theres...
          10-12-2009, 08:22 AM
        • kkamin
          making a pure white background
          by kkamin
          What would be the best way to make the background pure white but keep the products shadows if possible? (I'm not opposed to recreating the shadows if needed). Client wants a pure white background for this shot.

I'm looking a an effective way to do this that won't take me an hour of...
          03-30-2010, 01:46 PM
        • Bro Photo
          Completely white background, how to?
          by Bro Photo
          Hai gais! Lately, I've been doing a lot of shoots requiring a completely white backgrounds...I've been doing fairly well with consistent lighting but 2 hotshoe flashes aren't providing enough power to overexpose the white vinyl backdrops that I use.

The way that I blow out my white backgrounds...
          03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
        • Askmir
          White blown out background with subject shadow
          by Askmir
          Hi Everyone

This is my first post here-I'm a professional photographer but new to retouching. just finished a shoot for a fashion designer
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/askmir/...n/photostream/ I retouched this picture with the clone stamp-my white background was creased...
          01-13-2012, 06:37 AM
        Working...
        X