Lightroom vs DPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom vs DPP

I shoot with Canon, I use lightroom and CS3, obviously my canons came with DPP, but really dont use it due to its lack of intuitiveness and efficiency in comparison to lightroom.

BUT!!!!

I can consistently get a better looking photo from DPP than I can in LR. I know its proprietary software for Canon, but does anyone share this frustration. I have to really mess with adjustments ALOT in LR when working on a RAW file, due to the default "starting point" I assume Adobe tosses on the image. versus looking at the same raw file in DPP and it looks pretty much exactly as what I saw when I took the shot, lighting is natural, tones are accurate, etc. LR renders the file and makes it appear red/orange heavy, plugged up blacks, etc. Just wondered if anyone else shares this opinion and or if they have any suggestions. I wish LR had the color power of DPP, bc honestly, I find DPP a PIA to use if I was doing a big job.

Re: Lightroom vs DPP

wrong section?

Comment

Why? both are tools used for retouching and post production

Comment

Maybe Tools - Software will be a better section, no? Btw. I can't help you...sry

Comment

Well Garibaldi, im basically in the same situation as you. i shoot canon and DPP does create a nicer image slightly easier than LR. But its a pain in the rear end to use so i stick with Lightroom and tweak around instead

Comment

Working...
          X