Should I remove...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I remove...

Should I remove white ellipse behind married couple ? If yes how to do this ?

I copied background and tried match colour with adjustments layers but I can't do this well

pic : http://rapidshare.de/files/40594852/002.rar.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flora; 10-02-2008, 04:58 AM. Reason: Added the resized Original image

Re: Should I remove...

Hi jaroslav!!

Originally posted by jaroslav
    Should I remove white ellipse behind married couple ?
    .... It's a matter of personal taste really ....

Personally I find the white ellipse a bit too harsh .... so I toned it down ... If it's more or less what you were looking for, I'll write the 'how to...'

P.S. For future references, it's always better to attach a 100 KB version of the image here too ....

Rapidshare had me wait 90 seconds and then I had to type in some sort of code before I could get to your image .... This could be very annoying... besides .... there might be some people with no broadband connection ... What about Photo Bucket, Flickr or something similar?

I'm going to attach the Original but resized version to your post...
    Attached Files

Comment

Use white vignette instead
      http://shrani.si/f/1m/Z4/3dwFPkrg/wed-ret1.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

Flora this is exactly what I need

Comment

Hi again!

Glad I could be of help ...

After cropping the image and fixing the right side/border, what I did is the following:
          • I used the 'Quick Selection Tool' (Magic Wand works just as well here) to select the white ellipse.

• Used a 'Levels Adjustment Layer' to tone down the selection's Luminosity. (Values = Attachment 1)

• Used a 'Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer' on the same selection to desaturate and brighten up to better blend the selection with the rest of the background. (Values = Attachment 2)

I worked on the full size image so the values I used might have to be tweaked if working on the 100 KB image posted here...
          • Merged Visible and used the 'Patch Tool' to smoothly blend the border of the ellipse with the background.

• I used Selective Colors and Levels Adjustment Layers to lightly correct the skin colour and increase contrast on the couple.

A snapshot of my workflow = Attachment 3.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jaroslav,
            I think Flora's approach is very good. I liked your image and tried a different approach with the same basic result. (always more than one way to get there)

Basically, mine was Quick Select, refine the edges, Gaussian Blur, repaint the edges w/ soft, low opacity brush in darken blend mode. Then I tweaked many other smaller details.

I think the harder part would be cleaning the footprints from the floor. It may be better and faster to blur it or replace it.

Anyway, I'm sure they will like whatever you do. A great picture !
            Attached Files

Comment

How 'bout something like this?

C
              Attached Files

Comment

HI Jaroslav,

All very good suggestions from the others, As you can see I basically did the same with the background (got rid of the chair to).

I wanted to keep some sort of pattern on the floor, so I used a small (100)blured clone tool, I used that to clone the small marks over the big marks and creases in a random pattern.
                Then I cropped to size, I did this very quickly, (5 min).

Hope this helps,
                Barry.
                Attached Files

Comment