New to the board, but not to the business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board, but not to the business

Been lurking around here for a month or two, and finally decided to post a "hello." I've been in the graphics industry for 20 years, and spent the last 12 or so as a professional photo retoucher. My website:

http://www.retoucher.net/

I notice a wide range of skill levels here, and it's nice to see those with higher skills helping others. I've always enjoyed giving Photoshop advice. However, I've had it backfire when clients with some Photoshop knowledge have picked my brain for techniques, then never called me again. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be throwing in my 2 cents here and there.

Regards,
    Scott

Re: New to the board, but not to the business

Scott, hello and welcome to RetouchPRO hope you enjoy your visits here!

I/we would be more than happy to pick your brain for techniques! Feel free to jump in anytime!

Comment

Scott,
      Welcome to the sight. Yes, it is a good bunch here and the advise is almost always good and professional. I think that's why it attracts so many users.

You have a nice website and display some very good work. Congrats on that ! Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

Loved the gallery on your web site. I spend my days taking zits off seniors or fat and wrinkles off brides. An occasional head swap is about as exciting as it gets. I'd love some projects like yours! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Laurie
          Best business areas in US?
          by Laurie
          Hi Everybody,
          I have been wondering about the areas of the US where photo restorers find the most work. I live in retirement heaven and it's not great. Thinking of moving to New Orleans. For lots of reasons but wonder about the art and business opportunities there.
          Laurie
          05-22-2002, 07:48 AM
        • TPF
          Starting to try and take my business seriously!
          by TPF
          G'day,

I have a hobby business at http://www.ThePhotoFixer.com.au that I have been running for about a year now. I have been very happy with the uptake as I only wanted to make enough to buy my toys (phone etc) each year without dipping into the family budget. Mission accomplished....
          10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
        • jennytuemmler
          Hello from Portland, Maine, USA
          by jennytuemmler
          Hi All.

I'm glad to have found this web site although I don't know how much time I can spend here. Trying to keep our business afloat is taking time away from more fun stuff. My husband and I have a studio www.stretchstudio.com in Portland, Maine (east coast, not Oregon as everyone...
          06-04-2009, 06:36 AM
        • d_kendal
          Starting a home business
          by d_kendal
          Lately, I've been thinking a lot about starting up a home business. I'm already getting a decent amount of freelance work, and I'm thinking I could quite easily turn that into an actual busines, since I already have lots of the stuff I'll need:
          hardware - good computer, monitor, scanner, and...
          12-05-2002, 12:58 PM
        • photodoctor
          Introducing myself...
          by photodoctor
          Hi everyone!

I just found this forum this morning and it looks like there is all kinds of interesting stuff to be found here. A little about me... I own my own photo restoration business named Photo Doctor 911. I started out restoring photos as a hobby 5 or 6 years ago and when I was...
          07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
        Working...
        X