Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sepia effect

http://www.piyada.net/304307f-gos.jpg

Im trying to get this effect, doing saturation, levels, curves or whatever doesn't really get this effect... anyone that has more precision details or numbers something that I can make it look like?

Re: Sepia effect

Hi!

Photo by Jazs.

- main color adjustment by Color Balance (extra magenta in the shadows)
    - separate adjustment layers (levels, curves) for skin, hair, bcg
    - layer on top filled with low saturated brown-red put in 15% Soft Light

Hope I helped.

EDIT: Maybe overall less saturation would also be good
    Attached Files

Comment

The image just looks like it's hue has been shifted toward yellow. You can look at her blouse / top and examine the colors (in LAB). Her top, which is supposed to be white, shows that the B channel is up around 10 while the A channel is almost at 0.
      In Camera RAW I just moved the Blue/Yellow slider a little toward the Blue and got this image below which looks close to what the original scene might be.
      Rgds, MM
      Attached Files

Comment

After sampling the colors of the photo it looks like to me it is nothing but a filter aplied and the opacity adjusted. I was able to get a simlar affect by a new layer filled it with an redish orange and set the blend mode to color, softlight or overlay and ajusted opacity.
        Attached Files

Comment

All the others have given you good ideas.
          Sepia tones have numerous ways of being done. The most traditional was always a solid color fill adjustment layer, set to color blend mode, using values of roughly R:195, G:165, B:60. The nice part of the adjustment layer is you get to change opacity as well as do things with the mask.

In CS3 the new Black & White adjustment layer also allows "tint", which is the same thing. You'll notice (by clicking the color box) that the default values they use are R:225, G:211, B:179.... and they look fine. You just can't use this as an overlaying layer to do the effect, as it desaturates also.

Comment

oki Thanks, I will try now

Comment

Working...
            X