Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcut for Layer Switching

Dear all

Is there a photoshop keyboard shortcut to switch the currently selected layer in the layer stack? I.e. one shortcut for "one layer up", one shortcut for "one layer down".

The use would be this: quickly switching between the dodge and burn curve layers, while painting with the tablet pen, i.e. not having to look at the layer stack and switch the layers with the pen or mouse (in the other hand) all the time.

Thanks for any help guys!

Best wishes

Re: Shortcut for Layer Switching

try Opt+] and Opt+[

Comment

Yep, those are the correct short cut keys.

You might consider using a Configurator panel (CS4 only) for D/B retouch work. You can make your own basic model with not too much effort. Some of the more advanced things I show in my movie require a bit of programming skill.

My movie which gives an idea of the powerful capabilities of Configurator can be downloaded from:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4ynnnhjnw2z

Larry
      Last edited by leuallen; 01-09-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

thanks pixelzombie

the shortcuts work fine. unfortunately, the shortcuts are not customizable in the keyboard shortcuts dialog. at least, i didn't find the entries there. is it possible to customize them, i.e. put them on other keys? the problem with Opt+[ and Opt+] is that these don't seem to work on a german keyboard layout

thanks for suggestions!

cheers

Comment

Galvaros - another way, you can set an action for this. 'Activate D' and 'Activate B', its simple just click on the layers while recording this action in the actions panel. Then assign F keys to your actions. You could even script a toggle for it so that pressing a single Fkey toggles the layers.

Comment

thanks Markzebra, you offered a working solution for us with german keyboards. unfortunately, it's a little cumbersome in cases where you might have multiple D&B layer pairs, with different names depending on purpose.

if anybody who reads this post uses a german keyboard layout and knows the shortcuts (and maybe even how to customize them) to switch the currently selected layer one up/down, i'd be very thankful.

i did quite some search on the net, only one discussion about it turned up, with no solution unfortunately.

cheers everybody!

Comment

Well, I don't use a German keyboard, but I'm sure you'll be able to hold down the command key and right click on the image to bring up the pop-up menu and select the layer you want that way. I'm actually prefer selecting my layers using this method over Option [ + ], so I don't have to move my left hand to the other side of the keyboard or forfeit what I'm doing with my right hand that's holding the stylus.

Comment