Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Debra Perrin
    Need help with masking
    by Debra Perrin
    Hi all,

I need help understanding what masks actually do. I've been given instructions but can't seem to grasp what they're telling me. I don't really understand what masking is supposed to create in the end.

Problem 1--I've retouched a photo but am not satisfied with...
    07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
  • owenpga
    adding selection to adjustment layer mask
    by owenpga
    if i have an adjustment layer sitting on top of a photo layer and the adjustment layer is white, how can i take my selection and make that my mask in the adj layer?

thanks
    09-07-2016, 06:16 PM
  • bobzilla
    How Do I Add My Selection to A Layer Mask?
    by bobzilla
    I know how to paint in the Layer Mask to make a mask, but say I use the Lasso or Magic Wand or Color Range to make a selection. How can I transfer that to my Layer Mask?

I'm in PS 7.

Thanks...
    08-15-2004, 05:55 PM
  • camner
    Quick mask and Layer Mask
    by camner
    Ok, so masking is really the equivalent of selecting, only easier (often) to work with. At least I think that's right.

Making a selection and then applying a quick mask is easy. Extending the mask with a brush is easy. It seems to me that it's only useful if one can convert the mask...
    05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
  • rxdan
    Layer mask questions
    by rxdan
    I am still working on the picture from my previous post. I now have 2 layers in my layers box, a background and a layer mask above it. The mask was created with a solid color fill after a selection. I chose red for the fill color because it would stand out against the blue sky. The mask icon to...
    11-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Working...
X