Genuine Fractals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Fractals?

Hey guys, I just got OnOne's Genuine Fractal demo and it just seems to make my enlargements patchy when zoomed in, almost mosiac like. Anyone else have this result?

Re: Genuine Fractals?

Haven't used Genuine Fractals in a long time. Not sure about the answer, but I'm not sure it's really relevant anymore. I get excellent results in Photoshop using bicubic smoother and then a little smart sharpening to taste after that.

Comment

I've used that program a few times, I usually try resizing in photoshop and genuine fractal to see which gives the better result. Sometimes photoshop did a better job, I think it depends on your image. I did get some patchy areas too in some of my images. I think that program works best with a high quality image to start with.

Comment

We would need more details to say.
        Most algorithms have problems working with images with original resolutions below 100 ppi. Of course, it also depends on how large you are making it.

Tell us:
        - original image size and resolution;
        - final images size and res;
        - amount of each slider.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• smiling dog
          Genuine Fractals ENLARGEMENT QUESTION
          by smiling dog
          I have seen several references to Genuine Fractals as the ultimate plugin for enlarging images. I purchased GF5 about a year ago and I don't seem to be getting the quality that I expected. I have read the manual and watched th tutorials and find any helpful information rather spotty at best - at least...
          01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
        • i.ilievski
          Image Resizing !!!
          by i.ilievski
          Hello everyone.... I know that there was a similar post a week ago, I apologize for opening the same subject again...
          Here the thing : I usually work with low res picture, I mean really low. Like 10-20 Kb file size, which I have to make the to be up to 48x48 inches at 300 dpi, I'm using Genuine...
          08-12-2006, 12:30 PM
        • tom c
          interesting program
          by tom c
          Although I am not in the business....i was reading some very good reviews of a spline program that maybe of some interest to this forum.
          tom c
          http://www.shortcut.nl/products.php?parentid=3&count=7

( I pasted this url...hope it works)

Is this the right...
          01-24-2002, 11:48 PM
        • fotofreak
          Genuine Fractals....
          by fotofreak
          Has anyone here used Genuine Fractals? I am using it to enlarge some photos I have. I was under the impression that it was supposed to enlarge the photo without showing any distortion in the photo caused from the enlargement or compression of the photo. I found this not to be true. Maybe I am doing...
          08-11-2003, 12:48 PM
        • fotofreak
          S-SPline 2 or Genuine Fractals
          by fotofreak
          I am in need of enlarging some prints and need to find some software that will do the trick. I have used Genuine Fractals and still find allot of pixelation when enlarging the photo. I came across S-Spline 2 and they claim it is better that Genuine fractals. I have tried it and here again the is allot...
          09-09-2003, 04:11 PM
        Working...
        X