Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bride Wants New Background

HI everyone.

A bride of mine wants the background changed. I don't even know where to start, so I would like to talk to one of you who could tell me that.

I am willing to pay for your services. Please let me know if you are interested and I will shoot the image to you. I do not want to give this job to an beginner, so don't bother me.

Thank you.

Mike Hallock
    [email protected]

Re: Bride Wants New Background

Well without an example picture its hard to really give advice. Apparently your problem is selection of the subject, I guess choice of new background, then lastly blending the lighting between the two (if necessary).

Are your looking for help doing it your self? Or for someone to do it for you?

Part 1, Make selection:
    - Magic wand
    - Magnetic lasso
    - Quick selection (my fav)
    - Color range is a very useful
    - Threshold can also select, but only if there is a big diff between the subject and surroundings.

Part 2, Replace background:
    - Depends on client mostly
    - Studio style background
    - Scenery background
    - Decide to blur or not; or how much

Part 3, blend it in:
    - Match color balance (a must)
    - Dodge and burn
    - Adjust opacity where needed

Hope it helps,
    -Keven

Im interested, and would be glad to give it a try.
    [email protected]

Comment

the best way is clipping path
      so you can cut the image and then put any background you like.
      feel free to email me at [email protected]
      and I can work on your picture
      Also you can visit my website: sophiahronis.com

Sophia

Comment

Sophia.

Thank you for your input. How soon can you do this? The bride wants the piano, the pipe and the chair gone. Do you have any type of background that would fit a pre-bridal setting?

How much would you charge and when could it be done. I am getting so much crap from this bride and groom. They found over 50 pictures with fault from their coverage.

Thank you.

Mike Hallock
        [email protected]

Comment

Qoute"I do not want to give this job to an beginner, so don't bother me."

I really dont think thats the attitude for somebody thats only got 8 posts on this site. when there are beginners with quite a lot more of experience than you. If you weren`t up to the job, why did you take it.
          I think you were a bit blunt there.

Pardon me if I have offended you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by zakum View Post
            Qoute"I do not want to give this job to an beginner, so don't bother me."

I really dont think thats the attitude for somebody thats only got 8 posts on this site. when there are beginners with quite a lot more of experience than you. If you weren`t up to the job, why did you take it.
            I think you were a bit blunt there.
            I'll second zakum's comment. There is no call for misguided disdain here from your perspective, Mike.

Comment

You cant see who is beginner or not. If you post the pic here you have many versions to see. You simply choose the best one.

Comment