X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skydog
    • Jan 2006

color and white balance

If I wish to create a coffee table book of photos, any recommendation how to align the white balance and colors from pictures taken on different dates and in different conditions. One critique I often read concerning coffee table books and/or wedding books is that all the pictures don't have the same white balance. How best to align white balance/color from various photos (different times/different conditions)?
  • garibaldi
    • Jul 2007

Re: color and white balance

By eye. and it will be tough at that

Comment

• Kedgin
      • Dec 2008

If all photos have the critically right white balance, can the problem be solved?

Comment

• SilvaFox
        • Apr 2008

You find the lightest point in the image, and you set a highlight in that area with curves.

Then you find the darkest point, and punch a shadow.

Check the neutrals/grays to make sure they're gray, unless you want a color cast throughout the book.

Make colors match that are supposed to match, i.e. clothing, skies, flesh tones, etc.

Do all of this using the numbers in the info palette. Professional color/pre-press people "read" color using those numbers. The monitor and your eyes can be deceived. Confirm that the numbers used to make those colors are balanced with the eyedropper and the info palette.

Comment

• chroma601
          • Oct 2003

On the other hand, color and white balance can be used to evoke a mood. Some photographs may benefit from a warmer or cooler tone, depending on the mood they are designed to evoke. It's fine to match white balances of similar images, but I'd consider if different balances might add to the shots as well.

Comment

• skydog
            • Jan 2006

thanks for the pointers...

Comment

• cheekerz
              • Feb 2009

Weddings have many different moods brought on by difficult lighting situations. Not to mention that the go from color to sepia to black and white at times.

Balance is a tough thing to master.

Comment

• retouch&Design
                • Feb 2009

Hi Everyone

This is my first time using Retouch Pro and i am confused?? I really wanted to know if anyone had any good tricks to make an image look like it was a grab of a tv screen. I dont know how to make a new posting. Please help me with either issue. Thanks

Comment

• igot2pman
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by retouch&Design View Post
                  I dont know how to make a new posting. Please help me with either issue. Thanks
                  Go HERE and select a main topic.
                  ---Image Help sounds like what you need.
                  Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Click where the arrow is and make a good title and just post your question.

People will answer your question there,
                  -Keven
                  Attached Files

Comment