Glare reduction (not glasses)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glare reduction (not glasses)

At last, a photo of me that I like, but it's flawed. I've tried everything in PS Elements, but have run out of patience! Could someone advise me how to get rid of the glare? Thank you in anticipation xxx Anjie

Re: Glare reduction (not glasses)

Hi Anjie, It would be a big help if you posted the link to your photo.

Comment

Hi Anjie,

welcome to RetouchPRO!!

Originally posted by zakum View Post
      Hi Anjie, It would be a big help if you posted the link to your photo.
      .. couldn't agree more!!! A link to a higher resolution picture is very, very welcome, but please, post one here too so that people can see and learn from this Thread even when the link won't work anymore...

(links to step-by-step instructions on attaching files and resizing images for RetouchPRO right under my signature..)

In the meantime, you can have a look at this Thread dealing with the same problem..

Comment

Sorry folks, had a blonde moment! ('yer tis). Again, if you are able to help, I thank you in advance. Anjie
        Attached Files

Comment

Levels adjustments. Replaced her right eye with her left eye and did some cloning. Also some cut and paste with hair. Then drew in some hair.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Anjie View Post
            ..... had a blonde moment!
            .... that makes the two of us ... 'Glare reduction (not glasses)' ... sorry Anjie!

What I did with your picture...

• Levels Adjustment Layer to fix the colours a bit.

• Created a blank Layer on top of the Levels A.L. set its Mode to 'Color' and using a soft (fuzzy) brush, sampled from surrounding areas and painted over the faded (glare) areas.

• Duplicated the 'Color' Layer twice setting the Mode of the duplicates to Soft Light (decreased the Opacity of the top one until I was satisfied with the result).

• Used the Heal brush to even out the borders between corrections and the rest of the image.

• Used a Levels A.L. to increase contrast on a selection of the 'glare' area.

After this, it's up to you to decide how much or how little you want to do with this picture..

(Attachment 1) my result just after these procedures.
            (Attachment 2) my final result.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick response. I'll try to replicate you but may be a slow process. I really appreciate your guidance folks xxx Anjie

Comment

Tried a more nocturnal look.

Set colours with curves. Then a curve to bring the highlight down. History brush the curve result onto the spot. Clone around to blend it in. Cloned in corner or eye.

Painted a little hair in the light spot That's mostly it.

My mascara work won't win prizes.
                Attached Files

Comment

Try Method 3 from this tutorial - some alternatives to cloning

Comment