Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem - Too much detail

Hi All,

I am scanning two B/W 8 x 10 photos from 1945. The problem is that the scan picks up too much detail, lines in the photo paper used at the time. The original does not show the lines to the naked eye. I did the guassian blur and looks better but I don't like the loss of sharpness that it had before. Is there a better way to "filter" the image without loosing so much detail?

Thanks,
    John

Re: Odd problem - Too much detail

hi,
    I am wondering if your getting moire effect.. if you can i think it best to tr to take of the issue at time of scnning... a couple of ideas... change scanning resolutions, low or high, but generally i seen going to 150% or more than what your doing helps a lot... also if you have descreening in your scanner... if it active turn it off and see.. if not that doesn't do it.. then experiement with the descreen settings and see if that helps

there alot of article on the morie effect... also there a ton of tutorials on the net and here... on removiing morie effect using photoshop ..

Originally posted by JohnMac328 View Post
    Hi All,

I am scanning two B/W 8 x 10 photos from 1945. The problem is that the scan picks up too much detail, lines in the photo paper used at the time. The original does not show the lines to the naked eye. I did the guassian blur and looks better but I don't like the loss of sharpness that it had before. Is there a better way to "filter" the image without loosing so much detail?

Thanks,
    John

Comment

Hiya John,
      Not sure if this is the sort of thing you mean, but try this.
      http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=185
      John

Comment

Thanks to the both of you. I am actually using both suggestions and it makes the images much better.

Sincerely,
        John

Comment

hi john,
          Your welcome, glad to be of some help to you...

Originally posted by JohnMac328 View Post
          Thanks to the both of you. I am actually using both suggestions and it makes the images much better.

Sincerely,
          John

Comment

Me too
            John

Comment

Working...
            X