Beauty White Skin look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty White Skin look

hey guys i have been doing a little investigation in the whole beauty skin feel.

When im talking beauty just to save confusion im talking total makup / headshots.

Generally this is representated with crazy makeup on awesome whiteish skin.
    Well what my searching has found me is that the skin isnt actually like that from the mua, its generally applied later in post.

I did a bit of a search for how to get that milky white skin feel but only came up with subpar results. I see the "convert to black and white, blur it, change blend mode" seems to be the most common but after some links of yours which work. (as i havent had much luck with that)

here are some examples ps, these are not my shots, so give props to the togs, makeup, and models:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jroo/35...n/photostream/
    link to the rest of his work: here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3302553885
    link to the rest of his work: here

Re: Beauty White Skin look

have you try the Hue/Sat Adjustment, increase the Lightness of Red Chanel, and decreasing a little bit of its saturation?

Comment

Got an image for us to work with?

Comment

hmm sorry guys i dont i was just wondering if there is some steps to run through to try complete these kind of effects

Comment

hue/sat on the red and yellow channels

or you will be surprised what the Selective colors adj layer can do for you... I know I am!

Comment

If I wanted to read advertising promotions on this site I would be better going to my email JUNKMAIL folder. Good sites are soon ruined with this sort of rubbish

Comment

Before anyone takes offence from my previous post, it was in reference to 2 large employment advertisements, posted in this thread, from Hong Kong which I note have now been removed. My apologies to "XploiT" and other readers if it offends, as I do agree with the threads subject matter. finding that a lot of before and after portaits show changes from features with character, to plasticised facial masks without age lines or blemishes and generally of a bland over all deep pink hue. My only answere to that is to enjoy experimenting to attain the effect you desire.

Comment

Where do you exactly find a red and yellow channel within the same workspace. I am confused again......Heellllllllllpppppppppppp Palms.
                c

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetlight View Post
                  Where do you exactly find a red and yellow channel within the same workspace. I am confused again......Heellllllllllpppppppppppp Palms.
                  c
                  I think what is meant is using a Hue & Sat Adjustment layer, from there you can adjust all the channels individually or globally using the drop down menu at the top of the dialogue box.

Peter

Comment

Oh hell I should have known that . I am telling yall if it were not for Palms helping me limp along the way lately this early onset Alzheimer's would turn me into a bumbling idiot.

Thanks Peter,
                    c

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetlight View Post
                      Oh hell I should have known that . I am telling yall if it were not for Palms helping me limp along the way lately this early onset Alzheimer's would turn me into a bumbling idiot.

Thanks Peter,
                      c
                      Geez, I thought this loss of memory we seem to share, was due to inhaling an over-abundance of Dektol, Acetic Acid, and Hypo fumes.... not the onset of Alzheimer's... Maybe I stand corrected!

Comment

Baldy, the frickin Stop Bath did it!!!!!!! That was worse than anything, it's a wonder were not all dead. Maybe we are but just pickled and well preserved. Sometimes I have dreams of being in the darkroom and those fumes are so vivid in my mind. Wow..

Comment

I use a Hue & Sat adjust. layer to start the initial skin bleaching. Lightening the red and yellow hues. Next, on a separate layer with a brush set to lighten and opacity to about 10% and flow 15% I brush over using white. When done, clean up with eraser.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Belk Media Grp; 06-26-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XpLoiT View Post
                            hey guys i have been doing a little investigation in the whole beauty skin feel.

When im talking beauty just to save confusion im talking total makup / headshots.

Generally this is representated with crazy makeup on awesome whiteish skin.
                            Well what my searching has found me is that the skin isnt actually like that from the mua, its generally applied later in post.

I did a bit of a search for how to get that milky white skin feel but only came up with subpar results. I see the "convert to black and white, blur it, change blend mode" seems to be the most common but after some links of yours which work. (as i havent had much luck with that)
                            Welcome to RetouchPRO! Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of new friends.

You might try the Amy Dresser way.. below is a cropped version converted into a GIF from her PSD file located here which shows her workflow.. After clicking the thumbnail below, wait a couple seconds to see the change from normal to "milky white skin".... the makeup I will leave to your imagination
                            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome, I think your second shot is very nice. Was it your shot or a stock image?

Comment