Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think do I have any potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think do I have any potential?

I would like to demonstrate my retouching work to you...The photo is not mine so I dont claim any copyright I just used it for retouching purposes. Well, what do you think?What am I doing wrong, what do I do well??I am completely self taught, I started using Photoshop 3 years ago when I was 18 years old...

So tell me!Give me your feedback!!

I dont know how to embed this image but I can give you a link to where I have uploaded it!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8382/beforeafter.jpg

I have uploaded a more real and less extreme retouch of the same photo. The artificial eye makeup and the airbrushing is still the same. But the brows, nose and lips have not been reshaped as my first upload.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5...rcorrected.jpg
    Last edited by andrewnick; 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM.

Re: What do you think do I have any potential?

Technically, you seem to know what you're doing, Andrew. But imo the lady has become so 'plastic' and unreal that it could just as easily be an airbrush illustration á la Vargas. She's become all exterior, façade, and her intimate personality is totally gone.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, thats what I think I am lacking too! In fact I changed her nose and lips because I almost all the time do this. So, do you think that as an amateur I am really good? All the practice is done by myself, I have never been in an art school or whatever, so bear with me. Also do you like the artificial makeup i have applied to that photo?

PS: What is á la Vargas and façade? Is that terminology?Could you please explain to me?

Comment

I have corrected it!It is now more realistic and less extreme retouching than the first one what is your opinion???

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5...rcorrected.jpg

Comment

Try doing it without using blur.

Comment

I didn't use blur I used Clone Stamp tool!

Does it seem that i have used blur?

What should i do so that the texture of the skin will still be apparent??

Comment

Haha, what's a Vargas? Kids today. At least he didn't say "what's an airbrush?"
              http://www.zentertainment.com.au/ret...varga-girls/2/

Comment

Not trying to disrespect your work, but she looks like an alien. I like the actual beauty adjustments you have done, but the changing of her actual dimensions isn't necessary.

Comment

Andrew, as for me you you don't need art class you need to buy a bunch of fashion mags (good ones, like Vogue) and just examine the photos they have there.. compare them to your work and improve improve improve..
                  learn how to use D&B and clean up the skin properly.. her skin is not clean..
                  you can learn a lot of techniques but you need to know "the look"

Comment

As above, you know what you're doing but pushed the face a little to far for me, looks photoshopped and the trick is to use photoshop and not have people think you did...

Comment

As the base image is already well lit, sharp and overally clean you need to pay strict attention to what you're doing.
                      The trick is to retain skin texture while making skin pores unified, minor blotches removed and shadows/highlights on the skin surface balanced. Instead of blurring the skin or applying a filter to do so you may remove the imperfections first and apply some D&B later in order to unify lights and darks.
                      Also, leaving some blemishes on a low opacity makes the photo look smoother for a viewer's eye.
                      As for applying an artifical makeup, you have to be very careful to achieve a look that plays well with the whole image.

Comment

dude, the "before" picture is already retouched.

Comment

Yes I'm aware of that. That doesn't change the fact there are things that can be done in order to accomplish a better look.

Comment

Originally posted by insmac View Post
                            Yes I'm aware of that. That doesn't change the fact there are things that can be done in order to accomplish a better look.
                            I was speaking to the OP..

Comment