Warping and Manipulating Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warping and Manipulating Hair

Anybody have any good tutorials or know where I can learn more about warping and manipulating hair. Mainly on a higher end please.
    Like for High end Hair products etc..
    Trying to grasp the idea of using Hair from other heads and using them or parts of them to fill in areas.
    I have a pretty good stock of hair collections.
    Also I have a lot of hair brushes but cannot grasp how they wold be handy on a High res file which I am used to working with.

Thanks alot for any information or Help.

Thanks

Snook

Re: Warping and Manipulating Hair

Originally posted by snook305 View Post
    Anybody have any good tutorials or know where I can learn more about warping and manipulating hair. Mainly on a higher end please.
    Like for High end Hair products etc..
    Trying to grasp the idea of using Hair from other heads and using them or parts of them to fill in areas.
    I have a pretty good stock of hair collections.
    Also I have a lot of hair brushes but cannot grasp how they wold be handy on a High res file which I am used to working with.

Thanks alot for any information or Help.

Thanks

Snook
    Like this: www.nataliataffarel.com/Hair2.jpg ??

Because I don't think brushes can cut the high end thing.

It' basically what u said: Warping and Manipulating Hair by using Hair from other heads to fill in areas.

The main thing is to mask BIG bits of hair and always concentrate on the flow.

Using hard brushes to mask, following the line of the hair (so u don't get "blury" parts)

Matching highlights, shadows and sharpness of each bit. with the original source.

When done masking, usually helps to draw hair using the smudge tool in a new empty layer (tick on sample all layers) and using the "already there" hair as tone sample.

Then just use the clone tool in darken mode, also in a new empty layer, to remove strays or flying hairs that don't follow the flow.

Hope that helped.

xx

Good luck!

xx

Comment

That is exactly what I am talking about.. Could you go further..
      Or do you have a lower res PSD I could check out.
      You did a very good job.. Are they hairs from another girl or the same girl?
      Are you masking them so they are completely mask out "floating" or do you use hairs that were from the same background so they match even better.
      I would love any further help you could give b/c that is exactly what I was talking about.
      Thanks
      Snook

Comment

That is exactly what I am talking about.. Could you go further..
        Or do you have a lower res PSD I could check out.
        You did a very good job.. Are they hairs from another girl or the same girl?
        Are you masking them so they are completely mask out "floating" or do you use hairs that were from the same background so they match even better.
        I would love any further help you could give b/c that is exactly what I was talking about.
        Thanks
        Snook
        I don't have THIS psd... because once the job is done, and the client is happy i delete the psd.

But I can keep it the next time i get a hair job. And give it to you.

I always do hair like this, I tell my clients always to shoot several hairs when doing a story, so i can use them as sources.

xx

Comment

Amazing work Godmather, looks so real.

Comment

Yes, very nice work. Wow. Did all additional hair come from the same shot or did you use hair from a similar shot at the same session?

Comment

Originally posted by pellepiano View Post
              Yes, very nice work. Wow. Did all additional hair come from the same shot or did you use hair from a similar shot at the same session?
              I always tell my clients to shoot EXTRA HAIR files, I had 11 extra hair files for 4 shoots.

btw... I'm doing Dove next month... maybe i can convince my client to let me share a psd file with u guys? if that's not high end I don't know what high end is

xx

Comment

Worst case scenario - you can also paint hair. I mean using very carefully constructed custom brushes. CS4 is great for this because of rotate view.
                Last edited by Markzebra; 07-08-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

And you can also rotate hairbrush strokes by angle you paint. Neat.

Comment

Godmother could you tell us something more about retouching hair? Your work is amazing.

Comment

I agree I really like your hair work and would like to see more.
                      I can provide Model Picture and hair if you like. But I am suer you have a stock of hair if thats what you do.
                      Let me know because I would like to see how you are warpng and masking it in place so it looks natural.
                      When I do cutting out of hair I often use the smudge tool to make up new hairs. Speaking of which does anybody have that cat eye shape brush I cannot find mine anymore and it is the only one that I find leaves the ends ending thin like real hair.
                      Thnaks godmother for any PSD of screen shot of somme of your layers.
                      Snook

Comment

Hey Godmother never heard back from you on my proposition..
                        I have tons of Beauty and hair shots and I am sure you have quite a stock of Hair yourself.
                        I am pretty sure your in these forums reading daily so, what do you think?
                        Couple of guys in here also interested..

Please let me/us know and I can send you the images.

Snook

Comment

Venga Godmother, sabemos que estás ocupada pero un tutorial tuyo sobre el trabajo en el cabello sería una maravilla ;-).

Comment

Tengo una sensación que ella está hablando puro hueva, por esso no hay respuesta de ella.

Saludos

Snook

Comment

Tengo una sensación que ella está hablando puro hueva, por esso no hay respuesta de ella.

Saludos

Snook
                              LOL

Nice try on the spanish.

Actually - I AM very busy

It's not the image thing, I have loads of images, but i'm not going to spend 6 + hours working on an image i already did, or one that's merely for learning purposes, because i'm a freelancer and time IS LITERALLY money

Next time i do a hair job, i'll save the layers, surely u don't expect me to do something specifically for u guys... not tht i don't like u... but... well... I need to EAT

I'll post it as soon as i have it.

xx

Comment