Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

Hello I have a query for you folk....

Im working on a new picture and I have made a house out of sweets for a Hansel and Gretal picture, I have finished working on the house and it contails a LOT of layers including softlight 50% grey ones for D+B work (these dont like being merged).

Is there anyway that I can flatten the image onto one layer whilst preserving the background transparency (as it will be dropped into another picture).
    Attached Files

Re: Question...

select topmost layer and press ctrl-shift-alt-E, set on new bg blend screen this will eliminate the black...if that is what you want to know

Comment

Thanks but, i just want them all flattened but without the black, the house will be composited into a wooded area so cant play with blend modes.

Comment

Originally posted by waffeliron View Post
        Hello I have a query for you folk....

Im working on a new picture and I have made a house out of sweets for a Hansel and Gretal picture, I have finished working on the house and it contails a LOT of layers including softlight 50% grey ones for D+B work (these dont like being merged).

Is there anyway that I can flatten the image onto one layer whilst preserving the background transparency (as it will be dropped into another picture).
        Sure. Select all of the layers, except the BG and merge visible via the fly-out menu in the layers palette. But, before doing this, hold the Alt key down and tap your pointer on the dividing line between the 50% Grey and the layer directly below it. Or, select the Grey layer and use Layer/Create Clipping Mask. After doing so, only the layer below will be effected by the D+B.

Cheers.

Comment

bingo, thankyou!

I thought I had clipped all the D+B layers and wondered why it didnt work, turned out there was one pesky one I over looked!

Comment

You're very welcome. It happens to the best of them/us ..??

8^)

Comment