FREE Retouching for photograhers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Retouching for photograhers

I am a mid-level retoucher looking for images to work on and up my skills.

My ultimate goals are high-end beauty and jewelry, but am still working on honing these skills.

I am not a photographer. So I don't have my own images at the moment.

Would be willing to do some retouching for you for free in exchange to use your images.

email
    [email protected]

Re: FREE Retouching for photograhers

Originally posted by kamilac View Post
    I am a mid-level retoucher looking for images to work on and up my skills.

My ultimate goals are high-end beauty and jewelry, but am still working on honing these skills.

I am not a photographer. So I don't have my own images at the moment.

Would be willing to do some retouching for you for free in exchange to use your images.

email
    [email protected]
    You should REALLY post some samples of your skill level -Why would someone give u a raw without knowing u're not going to ruin it

xx

Comment

Can always check out places such as sxc.hu They are free to download and have thousands of images to work with.

Comment

Plus it makes it very difficult for those of us trying to make a living from it when everyone offers to do it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Payne View Post
          Plus it makes it very difficult for those of us trying to make a living from it when everyone offers to do it for free.
          Seriously? come on... there's plenty of pictures out there and it's VERY common to do T work when starting out.

If a beginner is serious competition for you, you're not very confident about your skills.

chill, it's a big world and more importantly a FREE one (well... most of it :p)

Comment

chill, it's a big world and more importantly a FREE one (well... most of it :p)
            You obviously don't live in London do you Godmother?

Comment

Originally posted by Markzebra View Post
              You obviously don't live in London do you Godmother?
              No, but most my client list does.

Comment

… and what are you charging them?

Comment

… and what are you charging them?
                  Depends on the project... but... from 150 to 300 USD per image - why?

I have done some Manipulation - non fashion or beauty that were more expensive tho... + 20 hours

xx

Comment

Ok … I give up. I'm thinking of moving into banking. Apparently I can do a 9 to 6 Monday to Friday, half asleep, sitting in a nice office in Canary Wharf - and get payed £300,000 a year for this! What have I been doing!

Comment

Ok … I give up. I'm thinking of moving into banking. Apparently I can do a 9 to 6 Monday to Friday, half asleep, sitting in a nice office in Canary Wharf - and get payed £300,000 a year for this! What have I been doing!
                      ok.... might be a language thing... but I don't get it... I'm completely screwing the biz up by undercharging or I'm charging too much?

x

Comment

perhaps mark said that you're too good to charge little.
                        Last edited by toan thai; 08-02-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

In my opinion, you have a better chance of getting the job if you charge less, don;t quote yourself too far down, but maybe 15% less than what they would charge. Remember one thing, Box Studio is a well known name, and people tend to trust names they know. So if you and them are charging the same price, they would feel more comfortable going to them.

You should charge as much or more if you can produce something better than they can.

Comment

sorry, i removed my question because i think it sounds stupid...

Comment