Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick method to changing background color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick method to changing background color?

Hi,

What's the quickest way to change the background color in the image to a brown/dark brown color?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Quick method to changing background color?

do u want a solid color? Anyways, u'll need to mask out the figure somehow. u can do like hue saturation or selective color (select neutral and mix colors) if u want to keep the tone by the way.
    Last edited by d00dle; 08-07-2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yes or perhaps something like a gradient(radial)

Comment

then, u'll need to cut out the figure into a new layer. then fill a solid color or gradient under on a separate layer.
        Last edited by d00dle; 08-07-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Oh I thought since the background was a solid color, there was a way to do it without having to cut the image out. I had tried with the selective coloring but was unable to get brown. Oh well guess I have to cut the image out.....Thanks

Comment

if you're not cutting you still need to mask away the model first. Try color balance instead of selective color but again you need to mask the model in order for it only affect the background

Comment

I agree with Cuervo79. No need to "cut out" the model (to a new layer) - although it will work. Instead I would make a mask affecting only the background - and use that on an adjustment layer (try solid color with color blending mode, color balance or curves).

Edit: I did a quick try. Not very successful at the back of the neck, but it shows that it works. I hope you have something in higher resolution for yourself
              PSD: http://www.filedropper.com/background_8
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Chain; 08-07-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dezignx View Post
                Oh I thought since the background was a solid color, there was a way to do it without having to cut the image out. I had tried with the selective coloring but was unable to get brown. Oh well guess I have to cut the image out.....Thanks
                i know what u mean. selective color (color to white not neutral my bad) is kinda work for this purpose.

Comment

Thanks you all....Yes I have it in a higher resolution....

Comment