Overall colour cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall colour cast

Sometimes when browsing fashion mags I notice the overall image has what I like to call a colour cast or tone. By this I mean it has an overall colour that is consistent, eg a dark blue ect...

Assuming you understand that lax description how can I achieve such an effect?
    Is it a gradient overlay layer? Or just a layer filled with a colour and set to a particular blend mode? I will probably have a play but I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with it and had any tips.

Thanks.

Re: Overall colour cast

You could try. Image • Adjustments • Photo Filter, then select the colour you want.

Comment

Your thoghts about the gradient overlay will work. Rather than a blend mode, you may find that just lowering the opacity of that layer will also achieve the result. You could also duplicate the layer and apply a Hue/Sat adjustment layer clipped to it and check the Colorize box. You can also apply a Monotone or Duotone layer on the image. And there are a number of other ways to do this in Photoshop.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks both those seem to produce good results. I shall have a better play soon.

Comment

Have a look here!

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...ion-photo.html

Frank

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for thanks!

Comment

have fun with it.

I am now pulling even more on the sliders then in the past. play with it!!!!

Frank

Comment