Adding brushes to your image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding brushes to your image

I worked on an image of my daughter a couple of days ago and use some brushes to make the image more dramatic. I use most of my brushes from Deviant Art. Let me know what you think!

Before and after image attached!
    Attached Files

Re: Adding brushes to your image

very realistic results

Comment

Thank you...it took some time and patience but overall I'm pretty happy with it!

Comment

Nice job on this. I noticed the one blood splatter on the right side of the tub was used twice. Something I have recently found is how to rotate the direction of the brushes to help change them up a bit.

On the right side of the top bar there is a "file" looking icon. Roll over it and it says "Toggle the brushes pallet". (It's on the opposite end of the info bar for the brush size and opacity settings - and almost center.) Click on it and a box pops up. On the left top click on "Brush Tip Shapes".

Aside from just changing the diameter size, you can now rotate the brush so that it is not the exact same each time you use it. You can also "flip x" and flip z". You can change the "roundness" to distort the original shape a bit. I set the spacing to 1000 so that I can see what the preview of the changes are.

This is also very helpful when wanting to use corner brushes. Just use them at the 90 & 180 +/- angles.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ashkumar
          Brushes, make a play with it.
          by ashkumar
          Hi,

Thanks to reply my previous posts for D & B technique, Now I'm very well in that.

I seen somewhere i.e. DevianArt that they use brushes to make some realistic parts of the face like Hair, Eyebrow, Eyelashes, Lips etc. etc.

I've downloaded some brushes...
          10-04-2008, 08:33 AM
        • Pixella3
          Deleting Brushes from the flyout menu
          by Pixella3
          Hi all!

After having PSE for a few years I took the plunge and purchased PS CS2. I copied my collection of brushes from PSE to the presets file for brushes in PS, and they were in one large file. This proved to be unwieldy in PS, as the flyout menu couldn't list them all. (I have several...
          01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
        • santoro80
          Orgnizing brushes in Photoshop
          by santoro80
          Its possible to organize brushes into subdirectories? Lets say I have brushes for smoke and I want to have them in separate folder for better orientation.
          09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
        • Romany
          Wing Brushes
          by Romany
          Hi All
          I have made a collection of brushes of Wings for use in Fantasy Art Projects, will share them when i sort out the upload problem i have, they will come in part's like Wing Brushes 1,2,3 so on i have used them so far for Angel Wings.
          Hope to have them up soon to see what you think....
          04-21-2005, 07:04 PM
        • gholmes1936
          Brushes
          by gholmes1936
          Several times different brushes have been mentioned that I cannot find. So I am hoping that everyone who mentions a brush in a posting will also include where they got it.
          04-16-2008, 12:50 PM
        Working...
        X