Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to realistic motion blur/panning effect ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to realistic motion blur/panning effect ?

I shot this image in a still position cause of time constraints and although I like it, I'd like to add a realistic motion blur/panning effect. What techniques would you guys use for this kind of image ? Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: How to realistic motion blur/panning effect ?

Try the "Filter"-"Blur"-"Radial Blur" in spin-mode on a copy of the cycle that you transformed to get rid of the perspective distortion to get the moving effect. Afterwards re-transform it to get back into the original position and delete everything you don't want to be affected by the blurring.
    Next use the "Filter"-"Blur"-"Motion Blur" to blur the background and mask the rider (for a better effect do this on a duplicate of the layer and stamp the edges of the rider inwards).

Another thing you have to watch out for is that you don't blur the shadow as it's moving as fast as the rider is. Where you blurring the rider himself, you had to blur the shadow too, but in this case don't.

Comment

hi, i think this particular picture would require a lot of masking. it gets simpler for cars! :o) you need to think what would really blur and what wouldnt. the sky, the background hills, the shadow of the bike and the distant part of the road shouldnt. i would get rid of the shadow completely and paint it back in once the motion is achieved. speaking of the wheel, usually its better if you cut it out, radial-blur it a couple of times on separate duplicated layers and combine them to a realistic result. just my ideas,

A.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm halfway doing the blurring and it really is a lot of work. Will post the result once I'm finished. Thanks again. Regards, Lj

Comment