Even out background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even out background

Anybody got any neat tricks for making the background a bit more nice and tidy? And at the same time look real? I would like to keep some of the shadows, and also not too blurry like I did in the middle to the right.
    Attached Files

Re: Even out background

If you want the best results, dodge & burn out the unevenness.
    If you're satisfied with a bit lesser good results, use the "Filter"-"Blur"-"Surface Blur", that way you can even out exactly the areas you want and paint them in later with a layer mask.

Comment

Replace the whole thing. This was done using the gradient tool set at 40% and foreground to transparent. There are several gradients built up from several different directions. Add some noise (blurred slightly) and a layer mask to bring her back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry. This might be a bit larger and easier to see.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your replies. IMO the gradient might look a bit fake, but with a bit more opacity, maybe in addition to the D&B technique might be my best option (for my limited skills)

Thanks again, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by st.james View Post
            Thanks for your replies. IMO the gradient might look a bit fake, but with a bit more opacity, maybe in addition to the D&B technique might be my best option (for my limited skills)

Thanks again, cheers!
            Fake! Fake? I spent 5 minutes on it. Give me 15 and it would "speak to you".

I kid. Good luck. Cheers back!

Comment

hehe sorry for my sloopy lightwork in the studio :-)

Comment

That's why it rocks to have a studio that you can paint between productions. (well, not for the guy who paints it...)

Comment

well, in the studio I rent, it rocks for the painter too, because he charges the hell out of me for every square meter that I soil.

These days, I'm into the crisp, matte, paper background-look. Lesson for today is to keep it straight :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X