Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My try on DRAGAN EFFECT

Hello Everybody,
    I found the dragan effect to be great using in portraits to give it a nice antique and mysterious effect. I've attached my try. Though the pic is small, it gives an idea about the effect. Please give your opinions. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: My try on DRAGAN EFFECT

that looks killer.

Comment

As far as being able to see on this real small image I do like what I see, especially this golden skin tone

Comment

very nice, what did u do?

Comment

Very nice! It has a 'mythical' quality about it. As if I'm looking at an image of a bust of an ancient Greek hero, like Achilles or Hector, or an Olympian god, or some such.
          But I would presume it's rather limited in application. To males. I can't see it being very flattering to female heads. Or have you tried that already?

Comment

i think you are using dragan action, i ever use it

Comment

Originally posted by djslyda View Post
              I saw a tutorial to this effect here:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZyLBw6xDjs

Anyway, I like the Suryapuranik's result more...
              Last edited by santoro80; 04-11-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

i like it alot.. looks like a photo you'd see on the cover of national geographic

Comment

Originally posted by pelez View Post
                  i think you are using dragan action, i ever use it
                  Hi Pelez, No I've not used any action or automated script, all work is manual.

Comment

Originally posted by djslyda View Post
                    Thanks Dislyda, Using the channel as a new layer above the original (blue channel in this case), some curves adj. to boost the contrast, playing with the color balance. Also, HP filter to exaggerate the fine details of face.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Smith View Post
                      Very nice! It has a 'mythical' quality about it. As if I'm looking at an image of a bust of an ancient Greek hero, like Achilles or Hector, or an Olympian god, or some such.
                      But I would presume it's rather limited in application. To males. I can't see it being very flattering to female heads. Or have you tried that already?
                      Thanks, yes you are right, if we apply this effect to a model with smooth skin it would not look very good, i think it works best with skin having lots of texture, wrinkles, artifacts.

Comment

Could you post the larger size? I've seen this same before/after from a Dragan video tutorial. I'm confused because the image you posted looks like a screencap from the tutorial. Did you accidentally post the wrong image, or was it your tutorial? If it was your tutorial, why not post the link in this topic?

**confused**

While I'm here, this retouch was inspired by Dragan. It took lots of frequency separation, dodge and burn (limiting the dodge and burn adjustment layers to various luminance levels so it wouldn't get muddy), and channel mixing.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mikedimples; 04-11-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedimples View Post
                          Could you post the larger size? I've seen this same before/after from a Dragan video tutorial. I'm confused because the image you posted looks like a screencap from the tutorial. Did you accidentally post the wrong image, or was it your tutorial? If it was your tutorial, why not post the link in this topic?

**confused**
                          Hi Mike, I found the pic while googling about andrzej dragan, I loved the effect he gave on this pic, so I downloaded the pic though it was smaller. However, I've the PSD file for my pic. Thanks.

Comment

Ah, found it. Your end result looks similar, but it's definitely not the same work. Sorry about my implications! Here's the tutorial to anyone who's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZyLBw6xDjs

Comment

Here is my attempt on dragan effect. A get to this my way about 2 years ago. But the main proces is about 4-5 steps. But compleating details is very time comsuming.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by crater; 04-12-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment