Color correcting skin tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color correcting skin tones

I saw a tutorial about how to color -correct skin by the numbers.

Can someone tell me what values should I use for dark skin tones ?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=540989

for the ninth picture

Re: Color correcting skin tones

This could be just right for you: http://www.retouchpro.com/pages/colors.html

Comment

Re: Color correcting skin tones

Be careful... I like working with defined values for skin tones, but those are RGB and will work differently depending on the area of your image that you bring closer to them (you could try using the curves layer in color mode, but colors change hue at different luminosity values.)

My best advice here is to sample an image which skin tones you want to mimic, and do your own sampling for it, preferably setting the info panel to show LAB values.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• fryday
        Evening out skin tones
        by fryday
        Hi everyone,

I've just finished a retouch and after looking at the image for a while i noticed that there's a grayish color in the skin tones. If you have a look at this image

http://fryday.deviantart.com/art/Fac...uch-2-98177694

to the left and right...
        09-17-2008, 04:38 AM
      • cducasse
        coloring skin tones
        by cducasse
        I know there is a lot of info out there, but i cannot figure out how to make any of it work. I am trying to color this image but can't figure out how to color the skin. I have searched for baby skin tones, looked at baby photos, and just can't figure it out. I've colored images before with skin tones,...
        12-07-2006, 09:57 AM
      • mayday
        Even color skin tones?
        by mayday
        Hi does anyone know of any techniques that are used get even skin color throughout a image, where only the tint of the color changes?

I am not talking about dodge and burn to even skin am talking about color tone.

I've seen this technique in many magazine and high fasion ads...
        07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
      • fotogen
        Skin Tone help?
        by fotogen
        I am sorry if I am posting on something that might have spoken about many times on the forum.
        I need some advice/technique to correct and even out skin tone on an image. What is the best trick to do this please? I have attached an image which I like to keep in color but the skin tones do not...
        01-19-2010, 11:24 AM
      • Quantum3
        Color correcting different skin tones in same pic?
        by Quantum3
        Hi, I would like to know what's the method to color correct skin tones in the same picture. I usually use the curves method with black and white point, but some parts of the skin don't get color corrected. Sometimes, correcting some areas of the skin destroys other areas. I would appreciate some suggestions...
        09-11-2009, 05:03 AM
      Working...
      X