Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many masks can i add to smart object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many masks can i add to smart object?

Hi
    in photoshop i load a photo , and create a smart object of it
    i can add many filters on it , but i see only 1 mask

may add more mask to the individual effects?

for example 1 photo ->smart object -> i added this filters
    unsharp mask and add noise
    i have the 2 effect under the photo , but only 1 mask

can i have 2 masks 1 for unsharp mask and 1 for add noise ? working with smart object?

thanks

Re: how many masks can i add to smart object?

You can, but its a real pain in the neck.
    Convert your layer to a smart object, apply the filter you want and use the mask.
    Then convert this smart object into another smart object and apply the next filter.

This is such a thing I really wished to be fixed in CS5, but unfortunately Adobe didn't listen to me ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Der_W View Post
      You can, but its a real pain in the neck.
      Convert your layer to a smart object, apply the filter you want and use the mask.
      Then convert this smart object into another smart object and apply the next filter.

This is such a thing I really wished to be fixed in CS5, but unfortunately Adobe didn't listen to me ;-)
      thanks
      but i converted the photo in a smart object ->filter and used the mask
      but if i click on the photo i have convert to smart object or new smart object via copy
      well i used convert this smart to smart object , but the mask did disapear and the effect too , i mean i can not see them
      what's wrong?

Comment

So you created your layer, converted it to a smart object, used the filter mask and converted the smart object into a new smart object?
        That should work...

I uploaded you a PSD-file, maybe that'll clarify the process (double-click the smart object to dig deeper into it): http://www.sendspace.com/file/xi36t8

Comment

Mantra, have you tried using nested (embedded) Smart Objects to solve your problem? You can have nested SOs as deep as you want with each having an entire flow with masks and layers etc. I sometimes create a nested Smart Object within which I have a set of D&B curves in LAB Color space and that nested SO resides within the main image which is in RGB. Embedded SOs in any color space can exist inside of images that are in different color spaces. You just need to remember when you close a nested SO to click the save button before returning the the master image stack.
          Regards, Murray

Comment

Working...
          X