X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franko60
    replied
    Re: How to get this look?

Your entry-level camera is more than capable of taking this image. Besides the processing, it has a lot to do with lighting too.
    If you're shooting for web or small photo prints, yes. If you're shooting for high quality magazines, POS, or very large enlargements 40"+ then there's no substitute for large pixels (more important than the number of them which is why a 8MP pocket point and shoot still gives crap pix compared with a 6mp DSLR) and quality glass.

Leave a comment:

• gene_spark
    replied

The effekt, good <lIghting and in post Dodge and burn has nothing to do with the Camera. even entry level Cameras have mor than enough detail..

for my Portrait worki used a Canon 40 d and i love the 2,8 70-200 mm but his pics are more wide angel..
    lg.
    Gene

Leave a comment:

• krypticide
    replied

Your entry-level camera is more than capable of taking this image. Besides the processing, it has a lot to do with lighting too.

Leave a comment:

• holgaman
    replied

Hi Kkamin,
    That effect (aside from the lighting itself) is basically applying local contrast. In Adobe Camera Raw it's the Clarity slider. You could also try PhotoLift from Pixel Vistas. It's plug-in and gives you much more control. Also, using it on a separate layer, you can use a layer mask to apply the effect exactly where and how much you want.

Leave a comment:

• _ManWithNoName_
    replied

It looks like lots of sharpening or just whacking on the Lucis 3D photoshop filter will give you similar effects with a little more manual attention on the highlights and shadows, e.g the wrinkles.

Leave a comment:

• kkamin
    started a topic How to get this look?

How to get this look?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/3846740

How does he get this processed look? I know a lot of it has to do with the double side lighting that brings out the skin textures. But...

1. The image looks very stylized. Is there some kind of Clarity technique in LR or ACR that he used to bring up the small details?

2. The picture has a lot of detail as well. My entry level D-SLR with my middle of the road glass could never shoot that. Do you think he is using a full frame 18Mp+ camera? What kind of glass?

Thanks everyone!