X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _ManWithNoName_
    • Aug 2008

Smooth Face Not Beauty Smoothing Tho

Any tips for smooting features of a face. A tricky one, not simple and probably way beyond me.

I want to completely smooth all the features of a face out, so there are no eyes, no mouth, no anything but make it look like it's just a face with no features.

Any thoughts?

Thanx in advance...

D

• ray12
    • Nov 2005

Re: Smooth Face Not Beauty Smoothing Tho

Thats a tough one to visualize.

There are probably many ways to do that. One way might be to "clone away" the nose and eyes etc. with close-by plain skin texture... so the face looks almost like a "skin oval"...is that the concept? Sometimes blurring a face removes the features...you could blur the face and paint away the features possibly. That would give you another kind of look.

There are some new department store mannequins here in New York that have the shape of a face but it is very soft, rounded, and generic..."almost featureless" just hints of features... so it doesnt get in the way of displaying the clothing. You would have to spend time doing a search on store mannequin manufacturer catalogs possibly.

Below is a cloned faceless face with no features...Its hard imagining the look you want. Can you describe it further...or better yet find an image that is a close example of what youre looking for that we could work against. The image below is just a quick "interpretation" of what I think you describe...but it aint pretty... and it could be Way Off of what youre looking for. We may need some further guidance.

Best of Luck!

Cheers,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ray12; 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• _ManWithNoName_
      • Aug 2008

Yeah, that image is exactly it, do you know how it was done. That's a start at least and then making it look more realistic if possible, not that that image is bad...

Thanks
      D

Comment

• 0lBaldy
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by _ManWithNoName_ View Post
        Yeah, that image is exactly it, do you know how it was done. That's a start at least and then making it look more realistic if possible, not that that image is bad...

Thanks
        D
        LOL @ looking more realistic.... with no eyes, mouth, nose...

A quickie using a metal texture over face with a flesh gradient map
        Attached Files

Comment

• _ManWithNoName_
          • Aug 2008

That looks good, can your run me throught that, what texture did you use?

Thanks
          D

Comment

• 0lBaldy
            • Oct 2007

my "metal texture" is a 50% gray with a Soft white stripe...
            Attached Files

Comment