Too many shadows to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many shadows to fix?

I'm working on a session of photos and one of the boys hates the sun so we turned everyone and I have shadows to deal with.

I've tried playing with curves and some highlight and shadows stuff and can't seem to make this look quite right. Any ideas??
    Attached Files

Re: Too many shadows to fix?

Hi, I have a photo studio and totally understand - but I think the family will love the photo ... the family is turned because of the son and I am sure they know that. I would adjust brightness and retouch the skin for the sunlight side which would be a little darker than you have it making that pretty - and then lighten the shadows with a masked curves or levels adjustment layer. Good Luck!

Comment

Try Camera Raw, using the brush adjustment. It's easy and you can do it very quick.

Comment

Thanks! the Brush adjustment was a great tool - had never used it or known what it was for. I could use a big photoshop tutorial. Awesome, very exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by jessinsea View Post
          Thanks! the Brush adjustment was a great tool - had never used it or known what it was for. I could use a big photoshop tutorial. Awesome, very exciting!

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35Kvpt4hFw

Comment

Fantastic thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jessinsea View Post
              Fantastic thanks
              You are welcome

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Finn
                Adding Shadows
                by Finn
                Hey all,

I'm planning a series of shoots that, because of the logistics of running a shoot in the actual locations it's going to be easier to shoot the backgrounds and then shoot people on greenscreen. I'm well aware of the potential pitfalls of this method (such as matching perspectives,...
                02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
              • nunnzzzz
                Shadows
                by nunnzzzz
                i took a group photo with a strong flash to the side which created some strong shadows on the backdrop. What is the best way to removed the shadows from the background?
                04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
              • taysa
                Shadows..
                by taysa
                Hello,
                I have this nice picture taken...and all would be just perfect if not those bad shadows on the face.
                Anyone wanna help me out to remove those?

Was trying to play with curves and lavels.. But it looks like im not skilled too well. If anyone would say how to adjust...
                10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
              • momentcapture
                How to desaturate only shadows?
                by momentcapture
                Hi Everyone

I'm just wondering it it's possible to desaturate certain areas of an image, either highlights, mid tones or shadows.

What I'm looking to is to selectively desaturate (not completely) the shadows within an image and not based on any particular colour etc.
                07-14-2011, 04:10 PM
              • synchronicity
                removing shadows
                by synchronicity
                Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I remove the shadows from this image?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/3...0b9eb8e8_b.jpg

I have Photoshop CS2

Thanks
                01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
              Working...
              X