Colorize white spots of skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorize white spots of skin

Hi together, I'm relatively new in this forum and this is my first question. I try to find a solution to colorize the white spots of the skin without loosing the available texture. Can anybody give me a good hint how to accomplish this?

I worked with the healing brush and the stamp. On the back of the hand it works relatively fine, because there is enough texture to copy but the fingers!? So I want to know if there is a possibility only to colorize the spots with the darker skin tone?

Thanks for your attention and your inputs...

Daniel

this is the foto http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8781903/retouch/IMG_1647.JPG

Re: Colorize white spots of skin

Daniel, you can Dodge & Burn (mostly burn) those white areas to the point where the brightness or darkness matches the surrounding skin, then just recolor by sampling adjacent good skin color and painting on a blank layer set to color blend mode (sample attached).
    Regards, Murray
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd say (without trying) that patch tool on a copied layer can do the trick, probably have to lower the opacity of this layer afterwards...Then paint at lower opacity, sampling the color nearby in a separate layer, blending mode set to color.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post
        Daniel, you can Dodge & Burn (mostly burn) those white areas to the point where the brightness or darkness matches the surrounding skin, then just recolor by sampling adjacent good skin color and painting on a blank layer set to color blend mode (sample attached).
        Regards, Murray
        Thanks Murray, I will give it a try. Looks very good your result.

Comment

Originally posted by 4personnen View Post
          I'd say (without trying) that patch tool on a copied layer can do the trick, probably have to lower the opacity of this layer afterwards...Then paint at lower opacity, sampling the color nearby in a separate layer, blending mode set to color.
          Thanks "4personnen" this was my first try to accomplish the result, but it didn't work so well on the fingers. But I will try it also again with your hint. Thanks for help me!

Daniel

Comment

you're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post
              Regards, Murray
              i really think it's the best solution because very accurate

Comment

Hi Daniel

At first i would put a sauration layer above the whole image to make it blak and grey.
                Then mask the white spots and adjust it with a Levels-Layer. Darken the light and the midtones.

If it looks good in Greyscale, drop the saturation layer an recolor the spots with a new layer set to color.

Regards,
                Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for your inputs. Every hint was very helpful, but really the major problem is to adjust the luminance level of the spots with the surrounding area. The rest with layer to color is only peanuts.

Thank you very much!!

Comment