How to remove hairs on women face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove hairs on women face?

I'm having issue with some beauty photos. Sometimes of them have too many hairs in the face even at woman.

How can I remove this hairs without destructing the skin texture and without without using blur techniques because it kills??

Re: How to remove hairs on women face?

Qpixo, perhaps this thread may be of some assitance.
    Regards, Murray
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...ial-hairs.html

Comment

The actual method that I'm using is: duplicate the image to new layer then with a patch tool I start to clone area then lower the opacity. It's probably fastest way but NOT right way.

Another thing, I find this method makes my photo loosing depth (photo will look flat after this method has been done) and decreasing light on subject face.

Comment

if its just stray hairs i would use the healing brush set at a low diameter just a little bigger then the hair strand

Comment

Here's an example of hair on face of what I mean.

Please take a look at:
          http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...g_hairskin.jpg

How to reduce or remove them without killing skin texture, light?
          right method to use...

Comment

Qpixo, when you have hair that is as fine and as dense as this, then in those areas there is no other texture except for the hair. You can't even create a band pass or degrunge band because the hair is the highest frequency / finest edge radius in the image. I think the most effective technique will be to perform a frequency separation of the image at a fairly low radius. Then on the high pass layer, copy good skin texture from other areas of the skin where texture exists or even from the HF layer of another image that has been freq separated. You did not provide any other skin in the image you attached so I healed some texture from another image.
            Regards, Murray
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you explain step by step in PS what you have done?

I'm not PS advanced though.

thanks,

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post
              Qpixo, when you have hair that is as fine and as dense as this, then in those areas there is no other texture except for the hair. You can't even create a band pass or degrunge band because the hair is the highest frequency / finest edge radius in the image. I think the most effective technique will be to perform a frequency separation of the image at a fairly low radius. Then on the high pass layer, copy good skin texture from other areas of the skin where texture exists or even from the HF layer of another image that has been freq separated. You did not provide any other skin in the image you attached so I healed some texture from another image.
              Regards, Murray

Comment

Qpixo, please view this video
                and this other video
                Then check out this thread at ModelMayhem
                It's a very long thread but the recipe is on the 1st page. There is a lot of other useful info and links but unfortunately there is a lot of non essential chatter that you will need to skim over.
                If you have any questions afterward I will be pleased to try to answer them.
                Regards, Murray
                Last edited by mistermonday; 10-02-2010, 11:52 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Comment

I watched first video and started using the separation frequency method (low and high layer). If I understand High frequency is for texture, hair, etc. and low layer preserved for color, shadow and tone.

When you said: "On high pass layer, copy good skin texture from other areas of the skin where texture exists"

Is that mean using the "patch tool" and copy it??

Btw, your second Other video link doesn't work.

Thanks,

Qpixo, please view this video
                  and this other video
                  Then check out this thread at ModelMayhem
                  It's a very long thread but the recipe is on the 1st page. There is a lot of other useful info and links but unfortunately there is a lot of non essential chatter that you will need to skim over.
                  If you have any questions afterward I will be pleased to try to answer them.
                  Regards, Murray
                  Last edited by mistermonday; 10-02-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Qpixo, the most effective tool for transplanting texture on the HF layer is the Healing Brush. Make sure in the option bar you select Current Layer only.
                    Sorry about the bad link. It is now fixed.
                    Regards, Murray
                    Last edited by mistermonday; 10-02-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice,

However I have noticed that I could remove some of hair little by little using Healing Brush in HF option bar selected to Current Layer but when I tried to remove all of them by holding down healing brush and move back/forward, the new skin look awnful (unmatched, it kill the texture). Any tips?

Another question when creating 2 layers Low and High, Is there a way to create a middle of layer between them just like in the 1st tutorial to get more control of it?

Qpixo, the most effective tool for transplanting texture on the HF layer is the Healing Brush. Make sure in the option bar you select Current Layer only.
                      Sorry about the bad link. It is now fixed.
                      Regards, Murray

Comment

I think you would have to replace the texture altogether.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's I did so far using Healing brush tool (small brush 15px) but it doesn't seem to blend all together well.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...removehair.jpg

Here's what I really mean:
                          http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...emovehair2.jpg

Is there a way to fix that issue?
                          Last edited by qpixo; 10-02-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Qpixo, if you analyse this image, it has a very large area where you need to replace all the texture because the texture that exists is only hair. That is not usually the case but for this image you will need a large size brush like around 80 px. I worked on your circular area as an example. I healed the bottom of the circle with a sample from the bottom of the neck and I healed the top of the circle with a sample from near the top of her cheek. I even stamped a section of her lip to show you that on the HF layer you can heal from almost anywhere and with the healing brush the texture blends in retaining luminosity. Unfortunately your cropped image does not permit me to sample from areas where I would normally find good texture.
                            As for other layers, there are a number of layers you can insert.
                            You can add a blank layer above the Low layer and paint on it to make color adjustments without affecting texture. You can add a layer above the low layer and heal on it to fix large patches which were not protected as texture in the high layer.
                            I recommend you try to gring through that ModelMayhem thread because there are other useful suggestions. I would also recommend you do a search here at RP for Frequency Separations and you will find some other useful info.
                            I hope this helps,
                            Regards, Murray
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mistermonday,

After several tries which killed me I admit.

Here is my latest of removing hair on face:

Before:
                              http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...removehair.jpg

Now:
                              http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e..._hair_ver2.jpg

Still a lot of work to do, does it look better than before?

Comment