• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• CKAJCA
    Smudging when using Frequency Separation
    by CKAJCA
    I am still very new to retouching but have found Frequency Separation for use when retouching to be extremely useful. I still have a problem that I do not know how to overcome. I am still getting smudging when cloning with a hard edge brush on the High layer. An example would be when trying to remove...
    12-18-2011, 03:36 AM
  • Caravaggio
    question about frequency separation method
    by Caravaggio
    I like the frequency separation technique and am starting to use it and get more familiar with it. The only problem I have is where areas of extremely strong contrast meet or "edges". If I clone over those areas on the high frequency layer, it introduces a tonal change into the image when...
    02-18-2011, 02:53 PM
  • juliewood
    Unusual use of frequency separation
    by juliewood
    I wanted to give my thanks to everyone who has explained frequency separations and shared their actions. I just came up with an unusual use for one I thought I would share.

I broke one of my cardinal rules and converted an image to b&w before retouching it. So of course, the client...
    11-10-2013, 02:13 PM
  • P_fuzz
    this frequency separation you all speak of...
    by P_fuzz
    show me the way to it

j/k, I was wondering if there is an ultimate tutorial on this tech, so far I only found some really poor elaborated ones on youtube.

thanks
    06-16-2011, 06:45 AM
  • keliot
    Frequency Separation without the Contrast Group
    by keliot
    Hello.

Is there a way to do Frequency Separation without utilizing the Contrast Blend Modes Group?

Due to the nature of editing I am doing using standard Frequency Separation techniques leads to unpleasant ghosting/ringing/halo type artifacts that build up with every step....
    10-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Working...
X