Photoshop Action nightmare... HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Action nightmare... HELP!!

We have an action when we go through it manually we get what we want but when we then run the action as a batch the images come out completely different eg: un-sharp mask is over processed/levels off etc
    FinalImg_01testaweb is what we got when we went through the action step by step
    FinalImg_01 15-24-37 is what we got when we pressed play and let the action run or when we used it via automate

we were given this action by the manufacturer of our 360 machine and have been resent the action just now but it still is not working even though we have followed the manufacturers instructions step by step.
    Attached Files

Re: Photoshop Action nightmare... HELP!!

If you follow your action manually do you change settings for levels or unsharp mask?

Go to action palette and try double click on levels command or unsharp mask command. Do you see same values as you use when you go through manually?

Comment

we change these manually to begin with to set them for the batch and when we play the action the levels and unsharp mask are the same

Comment

Hiiheartstudios,

welcome to RetouchPRO!!!

What version of photoshop are you using?

Could you post the action so we could test run it? In this case compress it and upload it as a .zip file

Comment

Are these new images the same mode, size and resolution as the ones that worked with the action? If not, the numbers in your adjustments are doing very different things to these images.

Comment

yeah everything is the same as we have previously done it....working with jpg rgb 8bit files using a canon 7d to shoot auto white balance.... no settings have been changed :S

i have a link to download the action from

https://www.yousendit.com/download/d...NEhCMTVjR0E9PQ

Comment

Originally posted by Flora View Post
              Hiiheartstudios,

welcome to RetouchPRO!!!

What version of photoshop are you using?

Could you post the action so we could test run it? In this case compress it and upload it as a .zip file

Hello, have been an observer of this forum for a while, have finally joined!

We are using cs5 on a mac we did have cs3 but we have tested it in cs3 also and it still went strange

Comment

It looks like you are doing something different when you work manually ... But for me the result you will get from the action is better - the second one is to dark?

Comment

the instructions from the guy who made the actions was to open the image set the crop (which is the second crop) then set the levels then set the curves then set the image size (the 2nd image size) and set the unsharp mask then you close the original image without saving then run the batch....

but that was when we were getting different results to what we had set it to. depending on how we set the levels etc it either gave us slight difference from the set look or completely different....im not sure if i am making any sense here, its quite difficult explaining haha

before we ran the action we took a screenshot or we saved a jpg or we saved a psd so we had something to compare the batched image to we thought this may have made the action go a bit funny but when we didnt do this we still got a strange result.

Thanks for trying this out....i suppose it could be absolutely anything! :S

Comment

OK. I think I understand now

If you make changes to the first image and close it without saving you are not going to make any changes to your action ... Or do you make those changes in the action window? It looks like the action is unchanged as it was on the beginning. This is the reason why you got different images. You need to make changes to your action and keep those changes saved in the action window.

Comment

we made the changes in the action window so when we closed the image the actions settings were what we had edited them to be for the batch....

just this minute someone in the studio has got it to work, they loaded a really old action we had on our server, but im still not sure why that worked and the one the guy sent us yesterday didnt... btw i have never experienced such bad customer service from a company... Thank you everyone for replying and helping out

Comment