Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luminous mask

hi all
    once here in the forum i've read about a technique for selecting highlight, midlight and shadow and after, combining the selection obtaining more selective transition and mask

if i remember right it was called luminous mask

sorry for the question, i've search various post but i've lost it...

Re: luminous mask

Here you go: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/blo...ity-masks.html

Comment

wow what a flashing reply great thanks amica999

Comment

welcome, glad I could help :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cli View Post
          hi all
          once here in the forum i've read about a technique for selecting highlight, midlight and shadow and after, combining the selection obtaining more selective transition and mask

if i remember right it was called luminous mask

sorry for the question, i've search various post but i've lost it...
          Cli, you can use Select > Color Range and from the pull down menu, choose the Highlights, Midtones, or Shadows. Then use Select > Save Selection to save to a new channel to which you can add one or more selections.

Regards, Murray

Comment

hi guys thanks to answer i'm trying something around...

i've see that the mask "Basic MidTones" that i obtain from Tony Kuyper method is completely different than the one that is obtain via Select > Color Range > Midtones.

what do you think...

Comment

i notice that with Select > Color Range >Highlights, Midtones, or Shadows. the mask i get is absolutely void of tone transition.....

Comment

I think Tony uses a [Ctrl]-/[Cmd]-click on the composite channel to get the luminosity selection, inverses that selection and does a [Shift]+[Alt]+[Ctrl]-/[Cmd]-click on the composite channel so he has all the intersections from both channels.
                Color Range seems to use a more correct approach of selecting the composite's luminosity and using a V-shaped curve on the resulting selection (with the first approach you'll select the shadows/highlights to a greater amount).

Comment