Getting AI paths into photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting AI paths into photoshop

I have a AI file that has a logo for a product. I want to get the path for the logo and bring it into photoshop to place it on an image. How do I get a path from an AI file to export into photoshop? I am able to open the AI file in photoshop, but the paths only appear when I open the file in illustrator. Thanks.

Re: Getting AI paths into photoshop

If I understand you correctly, it's as easy as copy and paste. Open in illustrator, select what you need, copy, switch to photoshop, paste. Four options come up, one is paths. Choose that.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, Shift. That worked.

Comment

I'm glad I could help.

Comment

You can also use the File > Place command in PS, This will import the AI file as a scaleable vector into any open document and will present an active resize boxto allow you to place and scale the object. This is also useful if you want to use the AI object as a watermark.
          Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Murray. File > Place command is great because I don't have to open files first in Illustrator.

Comment

Caravaggio, you are welcome. FYI, PS also recognizes AI files using File>Open but it will rasterize it whereas the Place command will import it as a smart object allowing you to resize it without loss.
              Regards, Murray

Comment

Working...
              X