First attempt at retouching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt at retouching...

Hello guys, my name is Mario. And as the tittle says this is my first attempt at retouching. Tell me what you guys think. I am always up for some constructive criticism
    Attached Files

Re: First attempt at retouching...

Always tricky to comment on subjective aspects like colour so I'll just say the hairline fringe needs tidying up. Take out the tiny hairs which have left a rough edge near the parting and leave a clean line. Always sort out the details!

Comment

The original looks underexposed to me. Does this not make it difficult to acheive a clean look?

The retouched skin looks a little pale/white for me, otherwise a good first attempt!

Comment

I agree. I think you did a great job! That may be my lack of experience talking, but it looks incredible to me! If you are interested, I watched some tutorials from a site called mytechtrainers.com Super cheap, which is good for me. Anywho, you should check it out. They have a "Photo Retouching" Class coming up that looks really cool. http://goo.gl/qmn5x

Cheers!

-Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Digital_Clarity View Post
          The original looks underexposed to me. Does this not make it difficult to acheive a clean look?
          As long as it is not underexposed to the extent that significants parts of the image are totally blacked out there is generally nothing the level tool and/or duplication of the image as a new layer in screen mode at adequate opacity cannot fix.

Comment

Working...
          X