Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-Tone Effect

Hello,

I really like this color effect... Does anybody know how I can achieve it ?
    Many thanks....
    Attached Files

Re: Dual-Tone Effect

One way to do it is to start with Bleach Bypass then add a solid color layer of your choice at very low opacity, play with blending modes. Split toning is also another starting point.

Comment

Bleach bypass means duplicated layer (overlay mode) plus Hue/sat. adj. layer, levels and curves... ?

Comment

If you are looking for the dual tone effect, then what you could try this method,
        if you go to image> mode> duotone you will find it not activated. For this convert your image to Grayscale. Then go back to image>mode>duotone. From the dialog box that appears, click on the type and choose duotone and then click on the preset tabs for the colors!
        I hope this helps

Comment

A test would be with the gradient map (blending mode>colour) and you could also play with the "blendif" slider to reveal partly the shadows or HLs, whatever you may fancy...

Comment

I've tried bleach effect, duotone, gradient map... Hard to get this effect !!!

Comment

Figueline, open your image in Adobe Camera RAW and go the the Split Toning panel. In the highlights section, move the hue toward yellow and then move the Saturation slider to the right. In the shadows section, move the hue toward blue / cyan and then move its saturation slider to the right. Experiment with the balance slider to shift the effect in either direction. The image you posted looks very much like it has been split-toned.
              Regards, Murray

Comment

That's it...
                Many thanks Murray !

Comment