converting files from psd to psb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting files from psd to psb

A psd file I am working on has gotten too big to save as a psd. If I convert it to psb format will there be any degradation of the image? I did the conversion and there was none that I could tell, but I would like to hear from more knowledgable users than myself. I would save to the more common tif format which I think allows larger file size than psds, but that format is not working properly for some reason with the client's ftp; any tiff files that are up or down-loaded from the client's ftp won't open.

Just for my information, I would also like to know if there is any degradation of a file when changing it from a psd to tif or vice versa?

Thanks.

Re: converting files from psd to psb

PSB is lossless file format for files larger then 2gb. The only issue that you might have is if you need to save something higher then 32 bit, and a version of photoshop CS or higher is needed to open the file.

Comment

And there is no degradation when you save as a tiff as long as you save as uncompressed tiff or lossless compression. Remember to make sure the save layers but is checked.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks Murray and Ratpat.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fazools
          PSD to TIFF?
          by Fazools
          A few years ago I thought I knew what I was doing, whereas now I KNOW I DO NOT! heh. I scanned a bunch of photos at 2400 ppi and saved them as PSD files. I know now that I should have saved them as TIFF files. In regards to compression, did those files get compressed when saved as PSD files? and if...
          05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
        • Darkness
          Better to save in tiff or psd?
          by Darkness
          Friends:

After I post process my image in Photoshop, is it better to save in Photoshop or Tiff format? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks amigos?

Migs
          07-06-2011, 07:15 AM
        • kenwood
          Save to what format?
          by kenwood
          Hi I have been saving to psd format to preserve layer information but the resulting file is too big (50-100mb each). Is there an alternative?
          08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
        • kathleen
          make me understand re lossy
          by kathleen
          please.

if you have a psd open, and you change it to a jpeg, and you change it right back to a psd without ever having closed it as a jpg, do you lose anything?

i am thinking re storage. recently lost my hard drive, had my most critical stuff on zip disks, which @ the...
          10-16-2001, 05:13 PM
        • shumicpi
          How to save history for PSD files in Photoshop CS6
          by shumicpi
          Is it possible to save not only the layers but also the 15 most recent changes to the PSD?
          11-28-2016, 04:50 AM
        Working...
        X