jewelry retouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jewelry retouch

Hi, I'm new to this community: hello everybody :-)
    I'm an illustrator-comic artist and use photoshop for coloring purposes mainly.
    I stepped today on an ad about retouching jewelry photographs. I've done some retouching myself and used PS's retouching features but I'd like to find a specific tutorial on this topic. It's very hard to select very thin objects whose color doesn't differ much from the background's, for example, and maybe some feature adapts better that the other to boost the jewels' shininess also. Can somebody point out to some video or webpage about this peculiar retouching job? Or as well provide your suggestions and ideas... thank you very much!
    £aura

Re: jewelry retouch

Hi £aura, it is very difficult to find good & free tutorials for this kind of retouching.
    Here is a link to RetouchPro videos which you can rent. I would say jewellery retouching is similar to watch retouching ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/RetouchPRO#g/u

Or you can try to find something free on youtube or google.

Comment

thank you, I'll see what I can find :-)
      £

Comment

So you draw your illustrations in a vector program and import into PS for coloring? Just curious about the process.

Comment

This is the one you want http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/ret...broadcast.html , for some reason, I don't see it in the library, as k Doug for the rental link.

Comment

@Steve: no, I draw and ink on paper and then scan the page to put text etc. and color on the pc.

Comment