• Show
Clear All

Re: What's in your retouching toolbox?

Anyone has ever tried this (Tutorial by Nino Batista on Skin Retouching):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r3Zvpdbw98

What do you think?

Comment

Re: What's in your retouching toolbox?

I'm a photographer who does his own post-processing.

I use PhotoMechanic to get images from card, organized, renamed, etc and then use it to select images and launch C1 or PS.

Capture One for most RAW conversion. Silky Pix or Fuji proprietary or Camera RAW for images C1 doesn't support.

Photoshop CC (usually a few updates behind) for editing. I use actions for various tasks.

I used to use NIK, but haven't for the last few years, since I can now do the tasks in PS. I have a few plugins for luminosity masks and such but don't use them much. I just got retouching toolkit. We will see if I use it. The one plugin I still use on occasion is PPW.

In general, I have learned from plug ins, more than I would have expected, but I find that I generally learn to do without them after my skills improve.

Comment

I still use LIVE PICTURE for some tasks, It does stuff PS has never been able to replicate!

Also use an old Wacom that supported the airbrush stylus..... As an airbrush artist, it is quite familiar, I can get amazing dagger strokes from it!

Comment

Half a year later, using Retouching Toolkit quite a bit and preordered the next version. I have found it quite handy and because it is so easy to customize what it does, it's easy to make it do what I want. So for those things not tied to keyboard shortcuts, I use it more than expected.

i have found 3DLUTCREATOR useful. Not for all images, but it is often a much quicker way to do some color manipulations than using the PS tools. On the color correction (what doesn't get done in C1) and color grading, I would say curves adjustment layers still do most of the heavy lifting. Selective Color, Hue/Saturation and Solid Color as needed. Only after these does 3DLC step in, but when I use it, it saves me time or makes it easier to get where I want to go.

So it's still *mostly* PS and my actions...

Ask me again in six months

Comment

Working...
          X