Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich black & white

HELP!!!!

I have been looking for a retoucher that can convert 14 images to rich black and white, but with no luck. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for this? I need to have these done by TOMORROW!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Re: Rich black & white

One of Chase Jarvis' retouchers posted a blog about how does all their black and whites. There's not a definite formula for it, but he goes over his methodology.
    Here's the link.
    http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/201...n-black-white/

Comment

Please check your PM

Comment

You could download a trial version of Silver Efex Pro, and give it a try. Although it can be done in Photoshop, but it takes longer.

Comment

Take a look at these B&W and Duotone actions...

There are many looks....don't know what you visualize by rich look. Do you mean high contrast?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• daygraphics
            Black & white
            by daygraphics
            I am working on a portrait and after really cleaning it up, and color correcting it to my satisfaction (and hopefully the customers), the customer tells me he want a nice Black & White for his final. Now that is not always so easy to accomplish after the fact. The subjects were all wearing WHITE...
            02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
          • Ishpho
            More control when making black & white conversions
            by Ishpho
            So i put together a short tutorial pretty much teaching people how to gain even more control when converting an image to black and white.
            Allowing a chance for more control of shadows, highlights and midtones.
            Hope you like
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiOOMrSPMqo
            03-16-2011, 09:57 PM
          • mantra
            black & white milk
            by mantra
            hi
            i liked some black & white and the white seems just like milk

well i tried to shoot milk with a gray card ,and with photoshop eyedropper tool to sample the white of the milk

after to do a black and white i used a gradient map black and milk white
            08-01-2010, 12:47 AM
          • Philip Tulin
            Black & White Photoshop Action Version II
            by Philip Tulin
            Bill Richardson just updated his popular Black & White Action to Version II. It creates black and white photographs from color photographs similar to the black & white photographs that you admire. While you are visiting, take a look at the newsletter and the new outdoor photography forum....
            06-17-2003, 05:48 AM
          • brockusn
            Black Magic & Photoshop
            by brockusn
            I am a long time user of Photoshop, but there are some things that I can't do well with the program. I have tried BlackMagic to colorize b&w photos, but when viewed in Photoshop for final touch-up, the images have a regular dot pattern the looks like colored pixels scattered over the intersects...
            03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
          Working...
          X