Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portrait retouching

Hello everyone,

Recently I have retouched a portrait to my taste. I would really appreciate your opinion.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3750244...ream/lightbox/

Thank you.

Re: Portrait retouching

Hi Operator- it looks quite nice- the hair might be a tad green but it seems to go with the color scheme you've chosen. I do like how you've rotated her face. The hair seems clean and while you've brightened the face it doesn't seem blown out.
    good work!

Comment

Did you used tool for retouch her face?
      Help

Comment

Thank you mushmush. Though face is brightened but within sRGB gamut. I would'nt mind to throw photo for closer examination if anyone cares. Just flickr does not allow to zoom in closer for some reason.

Khan, would you rephrase your question?

Comment

It depends on what you are going for. If you are going for a natural look then I would say that it needs color correcting. You went too far is correcting the magenta. The red channel is also clipped in some highlights on the face, fairly large areas. The blacks are also clipped some.

Comment

It is far from the natural colour look just kit. Colour correction has only been done working on the RAW file. My intention was to introduce some colour cast and play with channels, introduce some gradient map, retouch it and etc. Clipping is so minimal( I checked it my self) I suppose for on internet purpose that will do But thank you for sharing your insight and reminding me about colour-correct behaviour. Thanks neb

Comment

Looks pretty good! I have a photo (b/w) & I hope to colorize it. I use photoshop v7. I did some portrait retouch some time back - however, am unable to find my notes, does anyone have any ideas? I have attached a copy of the photo.
              Attached Files

Comment

I would take some yellow out of her teeth

Comment

Hi shizam,

Just when i thought to not over do her teeth i stiil left them yellow to be noticed. Is it very obvious when you look at photo? Thanks

Comment

It jumped out at me. But I'm on a non-calibrated work monitor, so maybe someone else will chime in.

Comment

I would say a bit yellowish

Comment

I like! the hair is "ash" not green to me.. why are we so hard on perfection? I would do nothing with her teeth( unless she had pepper or food stuck in between) very pretty little girl.

Comment

Good job!
                          I think greens got stronger according to my taste
                          Otherwise I would have tried to align her teeth and fill up the gaps between her teeth as those gaps are really calling my eyes too much
                          But otherwise I love everything about the image!

Comment

Thank you Pari. Strangely enough I thought about filling the gaps around her teeth.Then I thought she is a child and I love it about children loose teeth or bruise on the face. Children run, fall , play and do many things at ones. You know what I mean. it is just my opinion. I believe you have more experience then I do after all. My eyers are tuned
                            Thank you.

Comment

That's my Pleasure!
                              Ah yes you have a nice point as well Nebula I really like how u are keeping the feel of a child

Comment

Working...
                              X