Portrait retouching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Portrait retouching

I really like this look! I have seen many images with this slight cast in commercial, fashion, and editorial use. Great job on the hair retouch- looks fantastic.
    Would you be willing to share your techniques as to color channels, or curves?
    I really love the look you've achieved here.
    Thanks much,
    G. Nelson Auge'
    Louisville, KY
    [email protected]

Comment

I like it...a touch green for my taste but still pretty nice. Imho the teeth need a little brightening & less yellow.....not much.

Comment

I think your retouch is spot-on. I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

AS a professional hairstylist (50 years) & photographer for 40yrs the hair is definitely too green. When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life. Ash toning should be 'grey' not green

derek

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonauge View Post
            I really like this look! I have seen many images with this slight cast in commercial, fashion, and editorial use. Great job on the hair retouch- looks fantastic.
            Would you be willing to share your techniques as to color channels, or curves?
            I really love the look you've achieved here.
            Thanks much,
            G. Nelson Auge'
            Louisville, KY
            [email protected]
            Hi,
            I don't remember what I have been using but I suppose curves , selective colour , HSL could be solid colour layer too. Basically I was playing a lot with this photo before I got to this look. And some targeted adjustments.
            Sorry or such a poor answer.

Comment

Originally posted by crimper View Post
              AS a professional hairstylist (50 years) & photographer for 40yrs the hair is definitely too green. When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life. Ash toning should be 'grey' not green

derek
              That is quiet interesting what you say. You point of you comes form experience. Just in retouching world one sometimes oddly have to push the sliders around either client wants that or retoucher.

When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life.,, --- just like on the PS curves.

Comment

Do you seriously think a photo of a smiling kid should be full of cold colors ?
                I know it's Halloween and all but...

Comment

I seriously do. It is not a joke either.

Comment