X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nebulaoperator
    replied
    Re: Portrait retouching

I seriously do. It is not a joke either.

Leave a comment:

• Dropt
    replied

Do you seriously think a photo of a smiling kid should be full of cold colors ?
    I know it's Halloween and all but...

Leave a comment:

• nebulaoperator
    replied

Originally posted by crimper View Post
    AS a professional hairstylist (50 years) & photographer for 40yrs the hair is definitely too green. When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life. Ash toning should be 'grey' not green

derek
    That is quiet interesting what you say. You point of you comes form experience. Just in retouching world one sometimes oddly have to push the sliders around either client wants that or retoucher.

When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life.,, --- just like on the PS curves.

Leave a comment:

• nebulaoperator
    replied

Originally posted by nelsonauge View Post
    I really like this look! I have seen many images with this slight cast in commercial, fashion, and editorial use. Great job on the hair retouch- looks fantastic.
    Would you be willing to share your techniques as to color channels, or curves?
    I really love the look you've achieved here.
    Thanks much,
    G. Nelson Auge'
    Louisville, KY
    [email protected]
    Hi,
    I don't remember what I have been using but I suppose curves , selective colour , HSL could be solid colour layer too. Basically I was playing a lot with this photo before I got to this look. And some targeted adjustments.
    Sorry or such a poor answer.

Leave a comment:

• crimper
    replied

AS a professional hairstylist (50 years) & photographer for 40yrs the hair is definitely too green. When this happens in a salon its usually because the customer insisted on 'ash' the stylist reduced the amount of gold/red and ended up with green hair which does not ever appear in real life. Ash toning should be 'grey' not green

derek

Leave a comment:

• AKMac
    replied

I think your retouch is spot-on. I wouldn't change a thing.

Leave a comment:

• warrenj
    replied

I like it...a touch green for my taste but still pretty nice. Imho the teeth need a little brightening & less yellow.....not much.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonauge
    replied

I really like this look! I have seen many images with this slight cast in commercial, fashion, and editorial use. Great job on the hair retouch- looks fantastic.
    Would you be willing to share your techniques as to color channels, or curves?
    I really love the look you've achieved here.
    Thanks much,
    G. Nelson Auge'
    Louisville, KY
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Pari Retouch
    replied

That's my Pleasure!
    Ah yes you have a nice point as well Nebula I really like how u are keeping the feel of a child

Leave a comment:

• nebulaoperator
    replied

Thank you Pari. Strangely enough I thought about filling the gaps around her teeth.Then I thought she is a child and I love it about children loose teeth or bruise on the face. Children run, fall , play and do many things at ones. You know what I mean. it is just my opinion. I believe you have more experience then I do after all. My eyers are tuned
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Pari Retouch
    replied

Good job!
    I think greens got stronger according to my taste
    Otherwise I would have tried to align her teeth and fill up the gaps between her teeth as those gaps are really calling my eyes too much
    But otherwise I love everything about the image!

Leave a comment:

• hillfan
    replied

I like! the hair is "ash" not green to me.. why are we so hard on perfection? I would do nothing with her teeth( unless she had pepper or food stuck in between) very pretty little girl.

Leave a comment:

• nebulaoperator
    replied

I would say a bit yellowish

Leave a comment:

• shizam1
    replied

It jumped out at me. But I'm on a non-calibrated work monitor, so maybe someone else will chime in.

Leave a comment:

• nebulaoperator
    replied

Hi shizam,

Just when i thought to not over do her teeth i stiil left them yellow to be noticed. Is it very obvious when you look at photo? Thanks

Leave a comment: