X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAYKAT
    • May 2011

How to make eyes seem open

I think I did the coloring and cropping pretty good....tell me your thoughts...and what would be best...I just dont know how to create eyes to open...lol..I have seen it done...but as a kid I always had a cheesy smile...This is the original photo and the next one will be what I did...I am so addicted to retouching and restoring...and it really helps with the challenges that are on here...plus the advice that people give...awesome!!

Thank you~
    Attached Files
  • JAYKAT
    • May 2011

Re: How to make eyes seem open

Here is what I did...I am not sure if it is too bright??
    Attached Files

Comment

• John Wheeler

Hi Jaykat
      I too would be interested in how folks open up eyes. What I have done in the past is find the best set of eyes from the individual at a similar time/age and overlay them in. Takes some careful adjustment on size, angle, perspective, tone, and color yet it's their eyes. Here is an example of an image my son took. It was a group shot so he was just one person in the back taken with a cell phone. He had asked me to create an image with his eyes open. He had some other images of his eyes open on the same day so stole those and put them in. My son gave a model release for these to be shared. Here is the before and after side by side. I have not be able to create realistic eyes another way yet. Hope that helps.
      John

Out 007-1 eyes open.jpg

Comment

• Tony W
        • Mar 2010

The best way IMO is as John suggests get another image if possible and copy and paste onto this one. Ideally you will need to have an image with a similar expression to the original - peoples facial features change when smiling frowning etc.

I do not think there is enough image information available in the original to do an accurate job but I have had a try with the Liquify tool in CS5. This normally works very well providing you have enough image to move and play with (IMO not in this case) and of course it helps if you know the subject or have another ref. picture to compare eyes.
        Attached Files

Comment

• John Wheeler

Very impressive Tony. Thanks for sharing
          John

Comment